Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding in the Olden Days!

Default Riding in the Olden Days!

My mum dredged up a couple of old photos of me in my pony mad days. Not quite in black and white, but not far off!

This was taken in 1971 - Pilgrim, my favourite pony at the RS. I'm the one on top - the annoying child in the front is my little brother. The saddle doesn't look too comfy but I don't remember it being a problem back then.

Pilgrim.jpg

And this lovely highland girl is Lucy who only appears to have one ear, although I'm sure she must have had two really. We were about to set off on a trek from the center in Aviemore. Check out the 'no hat' and trainers (not to mention the baggy crotch on the jods - they weren't stretchy like they are now). Health & Safety was a lot more relaxed in those days.

Lucy.jpg

Sorry, don't know how to make the pics any bigger.

Anyone else care to embarrass themselves?

I didn't ride as a child so have no pics to contribute, but just wanted to say how fab yours are! You must be about the same age as me too ... I always dreamt of riding a pony but my parents could never afford it
    I open my eyes to the wonder of being. Delighted in the way things turn out, amazed at the beauty of it all. I am happy.

well, not quite olden days but early 90s...

Pony was called Misty.

One of me in the late 80's i think

Ah, you two little cuties! The kids on top aren't bad either

Sorry you didn't get to ride a pony when you were little Sooty. Hope you're getting to make up for it now. I hadn't ridden for more than 30 years before I took it up again about 18 months ago, so I've had to start all over again really - only this time I don't bounce so well!

I had lessons for just a few years when I was in my teens - never got to any great level, which is why I'm so rubbish now My pics are so old and tatty I dont think I'll be able to get them on here. Taken in the 70's, when H & S didn't exist - me riding bareback, with no hat (I still remember the boy who smacked him on the back side, so he shot forward and I tumbled off backwards ). Me riding in Dr Scholls Very funny (and that's just my hair!).

ooo.. you have to try and hunt for the pictures and scan them in so we can see!!

I love old photos......especially Iron Maiden's one of her all punked up!

Me in about 1987 on my lovey but incredibly naughty section c called Bracken she really was a sod and refused to do anything at a comp until she had a strawberry jam sandwich

This is me showing in the early 70`s! Look at the joddys!
    I think the ponies name was bracken.