Thread: Western riding

Default Western riding

Ok thought i better make a post.
    Where do you guys recommend riding? doesn't matter whether it's on hoilday or riding school or where it is! just thougth it would be good for peeps to know.
    Would also be good if you could give a little description to help peeps decide.
    Proud owner of NINE ponies. Two Arabians, two cobs, one welsh cross, two welsh section a's, one standard shetland and one miniature shetland

I'm interested in this too. OH has suddenly, after a few years of no interest, decided he'd like to get back into riding. YAY!

Western would be just his thing, but theree's nowhere local that I know of. I'd be happy to travel, or go for a short holiday later in the year, but want to go somewhere recommended so that I know the tuition is good.

Suggestions peeps?
    Couch to 5k - week 4 day 2 done
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - day 4 done
    Zumba - week 1 done

Feeling: achey!

Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    I'm interested in this too. OH has suddenly, after a few years of no interest, decided he'd like to get back into riding. YAY!

Western would be just his thing, but theree's nowhere local that I know of. I'd be happy to travel, or go for a short holiday later in the year, but want to go somewhere recommended so that I know the tuition is good.

Suggestions peeps?
    There's oakridge quater horses in newark not been but heard good vibes
    Proud owner of NINE ponies. Two Arabians, two cobs, one welsh cross, two welsh section a's, one standard shetland and one miniature shetland

Thanks
    Couch to 5k - week 4 day 2 done
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - day 4 done
    Zumba - week 1 done

Feeling: achey!

raingodz used to go to someone in the south of the city, lauren someone?! when he comes online will ask him.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Lauren Jolly... I have had quite a few western reining lessons with her and really enjoyed them. She is not that far from the nottingham ikea

there is a fatastic western instructor in the west midlands, Adrian Brazier, also his wife Terri Heid-Brazier.

Up in the Barnsley area there's Rockys who do 3-4 day Western trips they're really good

There is a place in Cambridgeshire called Soverign Quarter Horses, they have their own website and its run by David Deptford, who is apparently a top man in the UK. Not riden there myself but a friend brought her horse from him and has lessons there. I have been to one of their shows.
    Cazza