Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turnout for horse and rider

Brown bridle yes. A horse that is old enough to be shown in ridden classes is expected to be shown in hand in a pelham or double as that is what they would be wearing in their respective ridden class.

Yikes, I better get learning how to do pelhams/double bridles!

Just wondered, would it still be brown tack for a black horse?

Thanks for doing this btw!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

If you are just doing local riding club are they really very strict on turnout? Does it just depend on the individual club??

e.g. no velvet collar for hunter classes and blue hat only?? I've just ordered a new tweed jacket and it has a velvet collar - it took me ages to find one I liked and thought would compliment my horse too!!

When I used show my black mare she had brown tack but it was very dark brown which is what I would go for on a black horse.

At local you should be OK with a velvet collar.

I've been looking at pelhams-no way do I want to put one near my horse. I'm pretty sure that unaffiliated aren't so strict re correct bit and was told that a snaffle is OK for local shows. Just give in. I see that showing at all is gonna cost a ruddy fortune.

Whats wrong with a pelham?

Quote Originally Posted by cinammontoast View Post
    I see that showing at all is gonna cost a ruddy fortune.
    Almost makes it a bit difficult for those without a huge budget to join in, I know I couldn't afford a different hat, jacket, jods etc for all the different classes I could do. i'm going to look through the photos from our last years local shows and see what everyone was wearing. I wore black jacket and stock for an inhand class because that was all I had, we were still placed!

It doesn't have to cost a fortune the total spent on my dad's outfit was about £30 yet he is turned out correctly.

Friesian80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cinammontoast View Post
    Can someone do an inhand for horses that aren't yongsters? Pretty please?
    And one for showing un backed youngsters also pweez