Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tales of a horsebox conversion...

OH dad came to help and with the aid of the correct kit to go the holes quickly they managed to get in the 3 head windows, 1 living window, and 2 bum windows and the ramp rubber stuck down. Horse area still had some aesthetic bits to do, but was finally usuable, but OH still had 'some things to do'....

And then there was the issue of the camera fitting... *sigh*

12pm, 4 hours max until we should be on our way - I quickly whizzed up some partition pads (did find some really cool cow black/white patterned vinyl, but figured as the aged one detests cows and really doesn't like loading this would not be condusive to a trouble free loading )
    Visit Mico

As you will see from this picture - WE GOT TO THE ROYAL LONDON and we only left 1/2 later than planned

And as you can see, the aged one arrived perfectly calm and cool - have grass, will travel

Visit Mico

Plan is to put in the last bum window and the living window, finish of the coving in the horse area and put in ramp rails/gates so that Rosie doesn't fall off the ramp like she did when trying to get her back on the box on Sunday. Cheeky mare loaded first time and 'cos OH in shock didn't close the partition in time, so Rosie took sweet for loading and b*ggered back off

I want to get it professionally resprayed as I personally think the finish is better, but OH *sigh* wants to do the work himself I quite fancy commisioning a spray artist (like the ones that do americal style lorry/tractor units and scooters - OH used one for his scooter years ago) to do a custom job... Might just get it done, but it costs 2500 for the respray alone and I'm using the bank of OH at the moment
    Visit Mico

Update:

Haven't done anything since

Well, apart from replace the panels in the partitions as they kinda, er, fell out while a friend borrowed the ponymobile

And spend 1500 on a service only for it to be recovered 4 weeks and 20 miles on the clock later as we *ahem* had to use ourselves as a traffic calming measure on the main road out of Norwich...on a Friday afternoon...in rush hour

I was so scared I was laughing through hysteria - we thought we were going to have to get the police out to block the road off/create a diversion

And the uposhot of this little jolly jaunt?

Diesels do not run very well on water. When the wagon went in for a service they had to wash the fuel tanks out because they found the following in them:

32 litres of diesel

2 litres of sand

a chain

a piece of wood

metal & plastic filings (they think from when the extra tank put on)

3 bolts

and a jubilee clip

But seemed the garage seemed to have forgot to dry the tanks out...or the head gasket change detailed in the service history never actually actually happened.

But because naturally you think that after a service a lorry would run better... we promised my lil' 'bro that we'd move him into his new house.

He lives in London....

The guy that came out to rescue us after we admitted defeat (we eventually unbunged up the thickthorn roundabout, but then preceded to hold up traffic another 4 times on the ring road - apologies to those having to listen to 'traffic is unusually slow this evening on the A140' on the radio reports ) found about a cupful of water in the bit underneath the filter. Each time we changed down or stopped harshly the engine was pulling through pockets of water and then conking out if Rob didn't catch the throttle quick enough.

Which is why I now to not recommend that even in this time of economising, mixing fuel with water is pointless as doesn't work in engines

Lorry in now in surgery and the future is look rather bleak....for the bank account
    Last edited by Elly Koopman; 19-02-2010 at 18:06.
    Visit Mico

Well your OH has done a grand job and its looking good but I couldn't put up with the hassle. How much has all that set you back?

wow
    xx
    Official PRESIDENT of the TO 'Blue Peter Badge Owners' Clique

Wow that looks great! Welldone!

omg what an adventure!
    It looks so smart -- well done for getting it all done. What a bummer it's not feeling well, but hopefully on the road again soon?

WOW you should paint it pink!

Wow it looks fab, are you planning on getting it painted or anything? I'm sure it's the last thing on your mind ATM though! You've both done a fab job it looks excellent!