Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turnout for Native Ponies - ridden & In-hand - not finished yet!!

spot- hes a welsh mountain gelding, and has a very fine pretty head. so wht would i show him in nhand ( hes 9) and ridden? could i do white halter, and a fine, but plain noseband?? hes black with a slightly wonky blaze!!

I would go for a plain leather bridle with reins but have a finer raised noseband, not the wide flat one. You are allowed plaited leather browbands for ridden welshies. Hope that helps.

i can add a couple of pics if you like
    Welsh D mare inhand

(i was under 16, so jods were alright but i do wear trousers for bigger shows )
    Welsh D mare ridden

Welsh C gelding Ridden

or double bridle

I am planning on using a clencher browband on the gelding next year, and he will have the same saddle as the mare. (not with dressage girth as you can see, not that it matters as long as its straight cut tbh)
    i also now wear corn coloured gloves...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-4P...e=channel_page
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6jx...eature=channel

I just wanted to ask.......

If i was to show my 6 year old shettie mare, what would she be expected to wear? Is unbroken so not bitted.....would she be okay wearing an in hand bridle? flat/raised...etc....

And also me......hat/show cane.colours etc.....lol

Thats her in the pic below, and more pics in my album

Thanks, Emma

I would say at 6 you would have to put a bit and proper bidle on your shetland mare. I would go for a plain brown raised leather bridle ( not wide flat). You should be wearing trousers that contrast with the ponies leg colour, possibly green? with a green tweed Jacket and tartan tie or as i have said to another shettie person you can wear a kilt (for men) or tartan skirt for women with tweed jacket and appropriate head wear. If you are going for the trousers option you can wear a riding hat.

i can, where will i put it?
    FOR SALE - 15hh piebald cob gelding. stunning young man and reasonably priced.
    pm for details

Could you add it to the turnout for horse and rider? or the M@M section up to you!

Stormtrooper - i may start one as i`d like advice on showing my traditional this yr, last yr was a bit of a disaster, mainly because of his ganglyness & naughtiness!!!

Sec D... Plain bridle with cavesson noseband, cheekpiece buckles preferably at eye level, Snaffle for Novices, Double or pelham for open classes (2 reins NO roundings)

Comfortable, well fitting saddle, pref. straight cut to show off shoulders, plain colour numnah if required.

There is a showing guide for welshies (I'll post the link but please remove if forum rules don't allow it )

http://www.wpcs.uk.com/society/Handbook10.pdf

I'm taking a friends ponies in M&M in-hand. One is a 6yr old connemara gelding who is a similar colour to Rocky(pictured above), the other is a 5yo welsh sec A gelding who is similar in colour to Tinks (also pictured above).
    What colour should I be wearing? I could do navy trousers with a navy tweed jacket?