View Poll Results: Is your horse registered?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my horse is registered

55 82.09%
  • No, my horse isn't registered

11 16.42%
  • No,not yet but i plan to

1 1.49%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Your Horse Registered?

Default Is Your Horse Registered?

I have a friesian, he cant be reg because his sire is reg but his dam is not. I dont have much experience in reg breeds but when registering Friesians sometimes you need to go back 5 generations to get hair samples. They have very strict rules and regulations making it very expensive with gradings etc. All the friesian owners on here are super, it doesn't make a difference if your horse is reg or not, we all get on the same comparing horses, experiences etc. Do any of you not registered feel belittled because of this? I have been made to once or twice in certain circumstances but i dont really care i bought my horse because thats what suited me and what i was looking for.

What kind of evperiences have you had, was it easy to register your horse or do you have similar circumsances as me, does it matter??

My mare is registered Welsh Part Bred TBH as I am not hugely into showing it really doesn't make any difference to me if my horse is registered or not as long as they tick the boxes for what I do want in a horse (which Holly does )

or turn it around the other way - xander is a registered friesian, but he is only bi-boek II, not in the first book! so plenty of main studbook people could snub him, but i dont think they do. that was one concern about taking him to the gradings - i was worried they might look down on him because he's only in the second book. apparently not, though.

did you know, that technically a friesian is not a friesian, unless it is registered as one? crazy! i would like to ask them exactly what vel & vinnie are then, if they're not friesians!!!

personally, i dont think it matters. it would matter if it mattered if that makes sense - if you wanted to breed friesians, then yes, i think they should be registered. but for your own leisure/pleasure, personal horse, i dont think it matters at all. it wouldnt matter if xander wasnt reg'd, im never going to breed (as he's gelded ), & his papers wouldnt affect anything we plan to do in the future.

In the welsh world if either the sire or dam isn't registered you can register them as a part-bred welsh, which opens up more opportunities in the showing world

Sorry, that isn't helpful Phil is registered, but he's a gelding so it won't affect the breed and doesn't really affect me because he could be part bred cow and I'd still lvoe him

Quote Originally Posted by Tazanne View Post
    did you know, that technically a friesian is not a friesian, unless it is registered as one? crazy! i would like to ask them exactly what vel & vinnie are then, if they're not friesians!!!

I didn't know that I wonder what breed they are then You can only laugh

Does this go on with other breeds??

Quote Originally Posted by jacblac View Post
    Welsh cobs with a registered sire/dam and un-registered sire/dam can be registered as WPB I believe, and they have "Section X" for "The Register is open to animals of proven parentage but who otherwise do not comply with the Society’s current Regulations."

http://www.wpcs.uk.com/ponies/registration.html#x

I think this is related to the amount of white allowed which has been a big issue recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Welsh cobs with a registered sire/dam and un-registered sire/dam can be registered as WPB I believe, and they have \"Section X\" for \"The Register is open to animals of proven parentage but who otherwise do not comply with the Society’s current Regulations.\"

http://www.wpcs.uk.com/ponies/registration.html#x

I think this is related to the amount of white allowed which has been a big issue recently.
    Thanks for that so there is abit of leyway as to registering your horse with them

Yep, and I believe there is the same with other natives (those who do not allow white markings have a separate section for horses with white markings)

Quote Originally Posted by jacblac View Post
    I didn't know that I wonder what breed they are then You can only laugh

exactly! a peice of paper does not change generations of breeding, & what the horse actually is .

Here is the Dales information, sorry about posting native information

Section A: By a registered, licensed stallion, and out of either a Section A or a Section B mare, and displaying correct markings.

Section B: By a registered, licensed stallion and:
    a) out of a Section A or a Section B mare, but displaying incorrect markings
    b) out of Section C mare, and correct in type and colour.

Section C: By a registered, licensed stallion and out of Section D mare, and correct in type & colour.

Section D: Passed by two inspectors as being true to type, height and colour (closed 31 December 1971).
    A bit more confusing