View Poll Results: Is your horse registered?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my horse is registered

55 82.09%
  • No, my horse isn't registered

11 16.42%
  • No,not yet but i plan to

1 1.49%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Your Horse Registered?

Lou is registered with the Arab Horse Society. It doesn't make much difference to me, although it is nice to know all her history/ relatives etc (it would have been quite hard to find all this out if she wasn't registered as I'm her 5th home so tracing her would have been complicated).

I always think it's important to set the horse up for success in case their way should parts from yours for whatever reason -- and registration, like manners and performance record, are a part of that secure future!

That said, in the case of Friesans it's probably not as issue as so many people want them, registered or not!

I think it only matters if you want to breed from them or show at a higher level.

I wanted to show Tia at a higher level, and because we weren't allowed to know her parentage because she was a rescue, I registered her as a show cob instead so that I could show at county level.

It is the same for a friend of mine who has a beautiful unregistered fell. He has won a lot locally but can't go any further, and she is really wishing now that she could do county with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jacblac View Post

Does this go on with other breeds??
    My lad is registered with the fell pony society,but he was bred by a well respected breeder,so would have been a surprise and very odd if he wasn't registered.He registers all his fells AFAIK.

In regards to what happens with other breeds,I know they all vary hugely,and some are downright awkward it seems!!

I did find out about registering my part bred appy with the appy society,and apparantly as long as they have a certain amount of appy traits,they can be registered under what they call a hardship clause.Seems a good idea to me and I shall be doing it for my lad in the future.Don't know why more breed society's don't do this,but am guessing with many breeds it would not be so easy to identify them as that particular breed?? Pretty easy with my lad he's covered in spots lol

Quote Originally Posted by shanzee View Post
    It is the same for a friend of mine who has a beautiful unregistered fell. He has won a lot locally but can't go any further, and she is really wishing now that she could do county with him.
    Fell society are pretty strict from what I gather,am glad my lad was already registered as wouldn't have fancied my chances trying to convince them to register him!!

Possibly is a way of doing it though if know parentage?? Still imagine it will be a whole lot of hassle though

Quote Originally Posted by devonlass View Post
    Fell society are pretty strict from what I gather,am glad my lad was already registered as wouldn't have fancied my chances trying to convince them to register him!!

Possibly is a way of doing it though if know parentage?? Still imagine it will be a whole lot of hassle though
    I think she has looked into it, but without much success. She is keeping Merlin but she has just gone out and bought a registered fell mare too so they can do a bit more

Registered and confirmed parentage via DNA testing, oh yes the boy is official!
    Please visit my ebay, vets bills to pay! 17.01.2013- NEW THINGS ON EBAY starting at 99p!

Kaiser's registered with AES, Rio's registered with Oldenburg place in germany and Mace is registered with BDS... Bess isnt haha

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

Friesian80 Guest

Default posts cut from register horse poll

I would love to get Vel registered but it wont alter him in any way so ultimately it doesnt matter, he is my dream horse without a piece of paper which has FPS stamped on it!
    Only reason id like to get him registered is so I can take him to the gradings when he is older, I think it would be an experience of a lifetime!
    I do feel sometimes ppl who have reistered friesians look down on friesians who are not registered, but when its Kiestra horses I think a lot of the time they are just annoyed as there friesian horse IS registered but looks nowhere near as nice and well put together as Kiestra horses!
    Last edited by Clava; 09-03-2010 at 09:02.

Molly fell off the back of a lorry breeding wise - no info at all. She is clearly Welsh D (possibly part-bred) but know way of knowing where she came from.

I'd love to know as I am nosey but it doesn't bother me at all.

For dressage etc I just turn her out as Welsh D as no-one questions it and I am too lazy to have to pull and plait, and I like natural turn out. I don't show so not bothered there