View Poll Results: Is your horse registered?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my horse is registered

55 82.09%
  • No, my horse isn't registered

11 16.42%
  • No,not yet but i plan to

1 1.49%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is Your Horse Registered?

My latest horse is registered with the AES and BSJA , while Malachy has no verified parentage .For his type, he is a perfect example, so to me, both excellent animals which is why I bought them.
    Its begs the question really, would you pay more for a horse with registration papers if your ambition simply was for a horse to complete in local shows and RC ?
    Spring and summer are riding a piebald mare. (Russian Proverb)

Zar is registered with the AHS (arab).
    They are quite strict on registration too. I suppose it keeps the breeding lines good, also if horses go missing/stolen, they can be traced easier.

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears".
    -Arabian Proverb

harvey isnt
    his passport is:

Name: Absolutely Harvey (Harvey)
    Height: unkown
    Dam: unknown
    Sire: unknown
    Breed:cob
    colouriebold

Official PRESIDENT of the TO 'Blue Peter Badge Owners' Clique

Ellie is registered FPS but i dont look down on unregistered friesians, The friesian horse studbook is extremely strict to try and stop breeding from stallions and mares that arent up to the FHAGBI standard.
    Some people want the best and pay good money for well bred friesians, and by keeping the standards up people know what they are buying, on the other hand some people dont mind and just want a friesian who ticks there boxes.
    I personally think both are fine. To me if a friesian is stunning and well put together then id be happy with that.

Oeke is regisitered but my last horse was not, her passport said breed unknown lol
    It doesn't really make a difference, unless you are wanting to do some serious breeding or higher level showing in my opion. As long as your are happy with your horse is that counts.

Lexi is registered with the Anglo European Studbook (AES) and she has pink papers (both parents were approved/graded and she has over 5 generations of pedigree). I didn't know that she was so 'well-bred' when I bought her (bloodlines on sire side are Landgraf, Cor de la Bryere and Ramiro Z all prolific show jumpers of their time!).

It wouldn't bother me if she was un-registered. I don't intend to breed from her for profit, IF I was to breed, it would be for myself. I suppose she would be 'valuable' as a broodmare because of her breeding, but only if this was backed up with a good competition record....
    Last edited by MyBeautifulFriend; 04-10-2010 at 20:52.

I think it's nice to have a horse registered. Obviously neither of mine are registered, shame as I think one of them may have been 'registerable' as PB New Forest.
    I don't have qualms so long as an un-registered horse that is being bred has a good competition record (obviously good confy, temp etc) to make up for it.
    I don't like the fact un-registered and un-competed horses are being bred though, there are plenty of horses in the sales who'd make good "pets" there's no need to bring more into the world.

Bally is registered with the British Connemara Pony Society - I like the fact I have her 'family tree' going back a few generations but other than that it's not of much use to me!

Smartie is so completely un-registered that she's off the scale She's got a passport that just says 'Smartie'

Mack is registered with the Cleveland Bay Horse Society, but only as a part bred.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseBird View Post
    Bally is registered with the British Connemara Pony Society - I like the fact I have her 'family tree' going back a few generations but other than that it's not of much use to me!

Smartie is so completely un-registered that she's off the scale She's got a passport that just says 'Smartie'

Mack is registered with the Cleveland Bay Horse Society, but only as a part bred.
    Your Smartie sounds like my Kao
    His Passport has:
    "Billy"
    "Colt"
    "Skewbald"

xD Amen to the blankies.