Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: waah my body won't respond like it did 23 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

Default waah my body won't respond like it did 23 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so unfit. Backache, sore froofroo from trying to get balance from riding without stirrups, slight arthritis in my hip and hands, tennis elbow and my balance is shot to hell and back. I can't even rise to the trot without leaning forward to keep my balance and then I loose a stirrup in the process. Taking a bale of hay up the field is like running a marathon. Tell me it gets easier pleeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I've been out of riding just a year and a half and my body won't do what I tell it! My instructor put my leg in the place it was meant to be the other day and I actually screamed!

Hahahaha. Yep, I remember those feelings from a couple of years ago, and yes, it does get easier!!

Quote Originally Posted by palmerlover52 View Post
    I've been out of riding just a year and a half and my body won't do what I tell it! My instructor put my leg in the place it was meant to be the other day and I actually screamed!
    Lol - I've had 23 years sitting on the sofa drinking wine - this must be my penance

Quote Originally Posted by alliersv View Post
    Hahahaha. Yep, I remember those feelings from a couple of years ago, and yes, it does get easier!!
    phew thanks, did you do anything else to improve your fitness/balance? - I feel 83, even though I'm only 42!!

Pilates is meant to be fab

Yes it does get easier, the more you ride the more your body gets used to the strange position you're trying to put it into But it takes time and I should think it takes longer the older you are - not saying 42 is old, but it aint 17 either is it

Froofroo - I thought I was the only person in the WORLD who said that word

Quote Originally Posted by noviceoldie View Post
    phew thanks, did you do anything else to improve your fitness/balance? - I feel 83, even though I'm only 42!!
    Well to be honest, I'm still working on those things. My fitness is pathetic, balance not so bad.
    As others have said, your body will get used to it again over time, and I believe Pilates is very helpful, although I'd be a liar if I said I'd tried it, despite owning 3 DVD's on the subject

Haha - you sound like me. I have loads of Rosemary Connolly videos. I can't quite understand that if I watch them while sitting on the sofa eating chocolate and drinking wine, I don't seem to loose any weight at all - or get fitter, for that matter. I'm thinking of asking for a refund

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    Yes it does get easier, the more you ride the more your body gets used to the strange position you're trying to put it into But it takes time and I should think it takes longer the older you are - not saying 42 is old, but it aint 17 either is it

Froofroo - I thought I was the only person in the WORLD who said that word
    Mmm yes, I had a lesson only 2 days ago and have asked for another tomorrow because I can't get used to the feeling of "what's right", it feels so awkward and ungainly. I had my legs in a position I felt was right and my instructor moved my leg back a good 15 centimetres, same with my hands. If she makes me sit on my froofroo again tomorrow - I'll be wearing a nappy and a memory foam pillow for comfort!!!!