Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: made to measure saddles....

Post Thanks / Like

Default made to measure saddles....

does any one have one?? or any experiance of them and companies that make them?

(can u tell im shopping )

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had the WOW saddle fitter out on Friday, don't think you can get more made to measure than them, honestly it is really weird how the lady opened the boot of her car and there was lots of little pieces of saddle in there, within 5 minutes of me choosing a seat, flaps, gussets etc she had assembled a saddle that was perfect

And then you have to choose colours

I was gobsmacked how customized they are, got mine on order now

Post Thanks / Like

i have a made to measure andrew sankey saddle
    love it and so does my horse (and if you remember all the difficulties we've had about saddles you'll understand how amazing that is! )
    cost the same as an off the peg middle of the range saddle (jeffries/black country etc) but made exactly to honey's fit and for my requirements too

Post Thanks / Like

have looked at them, but not sure i like them and think they are a little out of my price range.. price range being to spend as little as possible..

also just to confuse things and make it harder, im adament i want a fully adjustable tree (not just gullet like the bates etc) i want this with out sepnding 2k... LOL not that im fussy or anything..

to be honest the reason is... my mare is difficlut to fit, now im not a fitter no but ive had 5 different makes on her, and your average gp is just to forward cut for her shoulder. BUT i dont see the point of bying any saddle for a 4yr that isnt going to be adjustable.

Also a m 2 m meens i can have a large seat for my large (but peachy) bottom and short flaps for my poor ickle pegs!

im very upset as having to sell my kieffer... but it just wont fit my neddie !

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a WOW saddle as well - and the whole idea is fantastic. Unfortunately it didn't work for my mare (I'm a little suspicious about the fitter I had as well) but she is very difficult to fit. For an easier horse, I'd definitely recommened having a try at least as they're really comfy .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydevon View Post
    have looked at them, but not sure i like them and think they are a little out of my price range.. price range being to spend as little as possible..

also just to confuse things and make it harder, im adament i want a fully adjustable tree (not just gullet like the bates etc) i want this with out sepnding 2k... LOL not that im fussy or anything..

to be honest the reason is... my mare is difficlut to fit, now im not a fitter no but ive had 5 different makes on her, and your average gp is just to forward cut for her shoulder. BUT i dont see the point of bying any saddle for a 4yr that isnt going to be adjustable.

Also a m 2 m meens i can have a large seat for my large (but peachy) bottom and short flaps for my poor ickle pegs!

im very upset as having to sell my kieffer... but it just wont fit my neddie !
    The WOW is totally adjustable all the way through, I have the reverse problem to you, small backside and long legs and struggle with normal type saddles as to get the length for my legs means a bigger seat which my ass slides about in, my new saddle will hopefully fit both me and my horse perfectly.

Think it is £1700 (pretended to not listen to that bit ) but well worth it given how different and comfortable it felt for both me and sprite. David suggested it to me and he was most definitely right

DavidH Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HashRouge View Post
    I've had a WOW saddle as well - and the whole idea is fantastic. Unfortunately it didn't work for my mare (I'm a little suspicious about the fitter I had as well)
    The saddle fitters ability when fitting a wow is critical! Fortunately lilythepink has one of the best around.

Post Thanks / Like

1700... *FAINTS* deffinatly a no go. i jsut cant justify spending that on a saddle.

and having a look at them, (denies poppign on to google lol) i persoanlly dont like the air aspect..

Post Thanks / Like

I have an endurance pathfinder that was made to measure by Keith Bryan, he is fantastic, lovely man too.

I also have 3 specialized western endurance trailmaster saddles, they are fully adjustable. Fab saddles too.

Post Thanks / Like

my sankey saddle is not an adjustable tree - but saddler will work with a developing horse/ muscle gain/wastage etc
    however - just realised where you are - i think he only really works round here and the US!
    http://www.bornesaddlery.com/Saddles-s/34.htm
    mine is somewhere between the velocity event (it's that forward cut) and spirit hunter (in terms of looks) saddle - and i must say honey has bigger shoulders than the tradtitional at the yard - and she goes really well in it a well fitted forward cut saddle wont create problems at the shoulders