Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh My God and OUCH at the same time!

No way would I do 45 mins without my stirrups, for a start I am scared to canter without my stirrups, as not very good cantering with them let alone without themsecondly I ached after about 10 mins without my stirrups and that was on the lunge

Well I think 45 mins was a tad unnecessary really, but it was actually very good.

I haven't worked so hard in ages and have found muscles I had forgotton existed The cob I rode was very comfortable and both trot and canter were very manageable (until my calf cramped up ) found it hard to use the clutch on the way home too

Rosey, you were right, the very hot bath and wine (ok, stella) worked a treat but it hurts when I sneeze today!

Note to self...must get saddle fit!

LTP - My friend wants lessons with Cammy so when he is back and she is fit we're going to have a shared private now and again as he is good for dressage/flatwork

45 mins without pedals!!! Wow!! Well done you I couldn't manage that, 45 mins WITH pedals, mainly walk with moderate trotting has me gasping for air!!

Quote Originally Posted by lacetti View Post
    45 mins without pedals!!! Wow!! Well done you I couldn't manage that, 45 mins WITH pedals, mainly walk with moderate trotting has me gasping for air!!
    Dont tell anyone but it was more by luck than judgement

My face was purple when I got off!!

Ouch... Although I think that my RI may make me do the same if she got that idea.....But i would moan and moan so she may give up with me and let me have my stirrups back

5'6" fly rugs and show rugs for sale PM me for details.

Ooh! i bet that hurt, i am having lessons once a fortnight with Sarah from Brampton, and after about 4 lessons i am only just beginning not to ache too much, i had got into bad habits with my riding, it is fun though, well done to you, glad you enjoyed it.
    IN LOVING MEMORY OF JACK

Whoops! Hope you're ok!

I loved lessons with Cameron - he worked wonders for my Dressage, really good instructor. Was the coblet you rode a black fella with a hogged mane?? Wondering if they still have some of the same horses that I learnt on ^_^ Think his name was Paddy??

xxx
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by sadiesparkle View Post
    Whoops! Hope you're ok!

I loved lessons with Cameron - he worked wonders for my Dressage, really good instructor. Was the coblet you rode a black fella with a hogged mane?? Wondering if they still have some of the same horses that I learnt on ^_^ Think his name was Paddy??

xxx
    No he was a coloured called Benjamin, really sweet

Booked again for next weeks flat but if its much the same I will wait for Cameron, he can always pop down and teach me on the pony but I'd rather ride something more knowledgable

Ahhhh Benjamin! I remember him! Hope he's better now than when I was riding him lol. Fairly sweet, but had no brakes and HATED working on a circle.....pulled on your arms like a goodun. Still, I used to quite like riding him ^_^

xxx
    THE EQUINE INFORMATION EXCHANGE Equine information, not speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by sadiesparkle View Post
    Ahhhh Benjamin! I remember him! Hope he's better now than when I was riding him lol. Fairly sweet, but had no brakes and HATED working on a circle.....pulled on your arms like a goodun. Still, I used to quite like riding him ^_^

xxx
    Yes he does have a tendancy to lean a little and very peculiar on one rein