Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on this stallion please?

Default thoughts on this stallion please?

me and my friend like the look of this stallion to put her liver chestnut to so will get a pally, i am not great on confirmation and stuff so whats your thoughts?

http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_31087.html

thank you

You cant really pick out everything from those pics. Could you email them for proper conformation pictures (IE- standing square- one from each stide, behind and in front)

ATM, the only thing that stands out is his neck seems really short. Does the mare have a normal-long neck? (BTW_ dont know loads about welsh cobs... maybe they are supposed to have short necks? lol )

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

dont have any other pics than on the website as have not been to see him or anything so that is all i have to go on for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by CambridgeParamour View Post
    You cant really pick out everything from those pics. Could you email them for proper conformation pictures (IE- standing square- one from each stide, behind and in front)

ATM, the only thing that stands out is his neck seems really short. Does the mare have a normal-long neck? (BTW_ dont know loads about welsh cobs... maybe they are supposed to have short necks? lol )
    Yeah that.....you could only tell how good a stallion is, is in terms of compatability with the mare.

Interesting, this lad has just popped up on another forum..

The general response was; go for something that has proved himself and don't be blinded by colour

Ohh, and colour should be a bonus when breeding, never sacrifice temprament and conformation for colour

mare is 13.3hh ish, quite fine she is very fine and quite long in the neck actually will try and get some pic of the mare

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Interesting, this lad has just popped up on another forum..

The general response was; go for something that has proved himself and don't be blinded by colour
    really that might be because he is in this weeks adtrader, wasnt the colour that caught my eye was actually the movement

Quote Originally Posted by vikkig View Post
    mare is 13.3hh ish, quite fine she is very fine and quite long in the neck actually will try and get some pic of the mare
    That would definatly help

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

His movement looks typical welsh to me in the photos, would like to see a stood up photo of him and perhaps a clip of him trotting He's still young, lots of space to mature and I personally would rather wait a few years until he has made his mark in the show ring, but that's me

Whereabouts are you?

If I'm honest, that video was totally unhelpful in assessing him as far as I could see Cremello's aren't my thing but I know thats totally personal preference

He also has no competition record as far as I can see? Personally I'd always like to see something proven in some sphere (preferably the sphere you plan to use the foal in), and I'm guessing at the age of 3 he's only just being backed, and will have no offspring out and about doing anything already? I think if she wants a good working pony, she needs to imagine the horse in a 'common' colour; would she still really like him and want a foal from him? Special colours are great, and if it's what you are into of course you should go for it - but ultimately colour doesn't make a horse sound, good for a job, have a good temprement etc; even if you are seriously into colours, to me it should come secondary to breeding a good sound horse for a job. ((Not suggesting this stallion won't produce that btw, it's just this video shows so little it's hard to know what he is and what he could produce, besides a nice coloured pally foal ))