Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on this stallion please?

oops I've crossposted with Robyn - sorry!

As far as dilute stallions go http://www.rainhillwelshcobs.com/pro...Victor%20Llwyd Seen him twice in the flesh, fantastic manners in the ring, knows when to go and when not and very nice

And I'm not a chestnut fan (Plus the lack of results and rearing photo would probably put me off) but I much prefer this stamp: http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_31749.html

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    oops I've crossposted with Robyn - sorry!
    No, I'm chuffed I got it right and you agreed

found some vids on your tube of him

robyn i am in sunderland

Not for me. My bugbear about stallions is in the walk round or walk up when they jog

I love Cascob Braveheart, unfortunately he's got no room for a saddle but his temperament is astounding (his runner can trot him up on a bicycle and stay safe ) and the bond between them is fantastic to watch, he also walks in his walk-up, unlike the majority of stallions.

If you like him, go for him, but I'm not a fan tbh. What will the foal be used for? And what breed is the mare?

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Not for me. My bugbear about stallions is in the walk round or walk up when they jog

I love Cascob Braveheart, unfortunately he's got no room for a saddle but his temperament is astounding (his runner can trot him up on a bicycle and stay safe ) and the bond between them is fantastic to watch, he also walks in his walk-up, unlike the majority of stallions.

If you like him, go for him, but I'm not a fan tbh. What will the foal be used for? And what breed is the mare?
    not too sure what foal will be used for, friend just asked me to look him up, off to look at your other links

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    As far as dilute stallions go http://www.rainhillwelshcobs.com/pro...Victor%20Llwyd Seen him twice in the flesh, fantastic manners in the ring, knows when to go and when not and very nice

And I'm not a chestnut fan (Plus the lack of results and rearing photo would probably put me off) but I much prefer this stamp: http://www.stallionsonline.co.uk/stallion_31749.html
    OMG!!! Rene supposedly has Nebo lines!! Nebo Brenin is her grand sire or great grand sire....

Not sure whether to trust her passport though lol, need to get in touch with her breeders...

Quote Originally Posted by Livia View Post
    OMG!!! Rene supposedly has Nebo lines!! Nebo Brenin is her grand sire or great grand sire....

Not sure whether to trust her passport though lol, need to get in touch with her breeders...
    It's really common in cobs - LOADS of them have Nebo lines somewhere
    Breeders usually appreciate hearing whats happened to their ponies and what they're doing - go for it

I dont like the cremello either, much prefer the two in those links.
    I agree with Robyn I can't stand any horse that jogs around when it's supposed to walk, fair enough doing it occasionally but they eventually calm down again and walk usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    It's really common in cobs - LOADS of them have Nebo lines somewhere
    Breeders usually appreciate hearing whats happened to their ponies and what they're doing - go for it
    Ooh okay, thats encouraging I'll definitely do it then!
    I'm really glad that its not unlikely Rene would have Nebo lines