Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn out to type or class?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turn out to type or class?

Well out first outing did not go well.
    Wont go into massive detail but basically I came very low in tack and turnout even though i thought I had followed most of the rules.
    I had on
    - Brown tweed, white shirt, red tie, beige jods,black boots and a brown cane.

I forgot my hat and had to wear black so I know I lost marks here

But I turned him out to the breed standard which said no pulling, plaiting, trimming etc.
    Now, I think I got placed low as she thought i didnt make an effort.
    So next time do I go the full nine yards and turn him out like the others or leave him as he should be?

Also when I looked at ridden pics of arab showing almost every one had a velvet browband.
    Shall I show him in one even though everyone else is in plain leather, I dont want to stand out for the wrong reasons but I want to look as though I have made the effort and have turned out as he should be
    So velvet browband or no velvet browband?!

Post Thanks / Like

What breed? You should still turn out to type in T&T classes and should not be judged down for not plaiting a horse that isnt mean to be plaited

Post Thanks / Like

T&T isnt strictly a proper class though which is why its a hard one. the one that wins is always the bay first ridden riding pony, with plaits, quarter marks, black hoof oil, fancy browband and immaculate (*cough*brat*cough*) jockey with wild pony club mother.

Post Thanks / Like

Purebred Arab, so is it right to have venvet browband or leather? Very confusing isn't it!
    Breed website says no pulling, makeup,hoof oil,triming,plaiting or quater marks... So basically I come last for making no effort?

Post Thanks / Like

this is why we wont/dont enter t&t- natives so the same problem as you really.

if your not showing at arab shows and just local shows, i would show him plaited and as a riding club horse or something, have you got a picture, dont think i have seen one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by horsey1 View Post
    T&T isnt strictly a proper class though which is why its a hard one. the one that wins is always the bay first ridden riding pony, with plaits, quarter marks, black hoof oil, fancy browband and immaculate (*cough*brat*cough*) jockey with wild pony club mother.
    pmsl at that, its so true
    plus when its mixed ridden and in hand i always think its a bit of a swizz for those having their saddles picked apart when the pony next to itt isnt being marked for one

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will show him as a purebred anyway and querie any negative comments?
    Surely judges understand different breed rules though!

I think I will go for fancy velvet browband too and see what happens. I al only doing handsomest gelding, novice ridden and t&t so at the worst i will fail turnout but I don't think the others care about tack?

He does have black tack since I hate brown on him.

so what colour browband would suit a grey horse with black tack and rider in brown tweed

Post Thanks / Like

picture would help

Post Thanks / Like

Will post one tomorrow as on iPhone not pc so none to hand!

I do think it would be impossible to plait though since his mane is almost shoulder length and I am not cutting it. They would look like golf balls lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

this is the horse, scroll down this thread
    http://www.trotonline.co.uk/forum/sh...ng-help-please