Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ouch & *******s !!

Default Ouch & *******s !!

I fell off yesterday!! First time in years. Boy, did it hurt. On the ****** road, too. The little **** napped, then put in a spin like lightning, paddied with his front legs,and then dropped his shoulder. I honestly wouldn't have thought he could move that quickly
    I was out the side door and hit the road, hard. Luckily ~ I was wearing a hat and body protector. I got up very fast & gave him what for, verbally.
    I couldn't get straight back on as he is **** big, plus, I was rather sore, but my instructor did.

I'm sure I was concussed, I was talking rubbish to my neighbour, and was really sick later on. Still can't believe it.!!!
    Needless to say, when I'm fit again, he is in for some serious lunging.
    I feel like I've been run over by a truck, today.
    Last edited by ponylover88; 08-05-2010 at 20:48. Reason: swearing x3!

sounds like quite a nasty fall. Good job you had your hat and body protector on by the sound of things.If you think you may have concussion you really should go and get it checked. Not surprising you are feeling like you have been hit by a truck though!

Apart from a massive bruise on my upper arm, and the general feeling of being run over by a truck thing, I actually think since falling off as an adult, this is the least I have damaged myself. Amazing really, given that I fell off on the road. Possibly this is because Arlo had actually stopped moving when we parted company. Oh, the ignominy!!
    He is very attached to his field mate, & was jogging homewards in his haste to get back to her. I had turned him around was making him go in the opposite direction to home in order to try and dissuade him from his continual napping back to her. He ws having none of it. Did the spinning, then the shoulder drop trick, and off I came. Reins like washing lines & a bit of temper on my part when he was still napping certainly didn't help the situation. I leapt up to my feet straightaway but I really didn't feel up to clambering on again.
    My instructor got on him and gave him what for with some very positive aids She was very firm with him, rode him beautifully actually. Didn't resort to the whip at all. She got him doing just what d she wanted him to do, eventually. It was just what he needed . I was really glad she ws there as it would have sent the entirely wriong message to him if I had just limped home, dragging him behind me, cursing!!
    Last edited by arlosmum; 08-05-2010 at 08:31.

Ouch! Spring is definitely in the air!!
    Make sure you replace your hat before getting back on. x

Ouch. I hope you are not too sore.

Ouch! sounds nasty I got concussion falling off at the beginning of the week and felt like that - not a nice feeling! As others have said, make sure you replace your hat before you get on, you can't really tell if they've been damaged or not.

Ouchie... glad you are ok! You did well not to really hurt yourself if you came off on the road and you have a big pony!
    Formerly kookoolaalaa

Ouchie.....

Quality horses and ponies for sale. http://www.bourtonvaleequestrian.co.uk/

Ooooh !! Hope you're not to sore, i have a nappie horse, they can take you by surprise at times.
    IN LOVING MEMORY OF JACK

I had my 1st fall in nearly 20 years last year, that was splat on to the road it hurt shoulder is still a problem now

Hope you feel well again soon and it hasn't dented your confidence