Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Lancelot du lac

First update of 2017 and it's already March!

Lance is still a little monster but his seedy toe is all grown out, thankfully. Little monster = difficult to travel. My perfect boy who travels everywhere has still not returned to normal since the awful opening meet return journey ... He now travels with open partition when he's on his own. Loose as he gets angry when I restrain him. Three hay nets with different options at different heights ... Exactly three pieces of shavings under his back feet - no more, no less, 1 carrot for loading and Classis FM at full blast ... uuuuhm yep, we're pandering to him. He's just sooooo full of it! Spoiled little brat I love him

Anyhooo we agreed to do team dressage next weekend, so have hired an arena to practice ... last time I had the dressage saddle on him was Borde Hill in August He's hacking fit though and I do a lot of schooling out hacking, so e was ready for the workout. Got one lesson on Thursday and then the competition on Sunday. Unfortunately a close relative passed this week so am also waiting to find out when the funeral will be ... so we'll see ....

Starting to feel the spring bounce! Ignore my hands. Apparently they live on my thighs now

No update since March???

OK well here's a decent summer update then. I decided that this year I would focus training and lessons on Ghost and hacking + some fun competitions on Lance.
    Ghost's training is "OK" - I'll update her own Diary after this!
    Lance's hacking is awesome - he's just such fun ... and his competitions have been amazing too! Can't complain!

MARCH
    The team dressage I was training for at the last update went very well and we won our arena (Novice 30) with 65% .. from a judge who doesn't like cobs! It was the most mean and critical winning sheet I have ever seen Would hate the see the losers!!

He rubbed out so much mane on my new hay feeder this winter that I couldn't do his usual running plait.

APRIL
    Hack, hack, hack! + we did had an XC outing to try out a new venue. We did our first owl hole and it wasn't a small one!

MAY
    We went show jumping at Hickstead to get a few poles under our belt before the BRC horse trials. He clipped a pole so we didn't go clear but we both loved it!

JUNE
    BRC horse trials. 67% dressage and double clear with only 0.8tp gave us an individual qualification for the championships. Terrified but going to do it as may never get another chance.

JULY
    Last weekend, we did the area dressage and Lance pulled it it out of the bag again ... with 80% in the Novice 35! No team qualification though. However, we also did the jumping and qualified for London & South-East championships. So wow.

So hmmm I don't really know what to say. This feels more like a record of achievement than a Diary. I sometimes can't believe Lance and our relationship is real. It's too overwhelming and I have to pinch myself. I've had amazing horses in my life; I have put in a huge amount of time into training and progress and have been lucky in my partnerships. But this one is special in a way I can't express. I guess the message is to never give up on your dreams; to never assume it's all over; and to enjoy every moment because you never know when it's going to be over. Oh, and don't be too modest

So anyway, a few more exciting things coming up this summer & autumn. Will update when it's all over and done and survived!

love him so much

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    [URL="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/kissmesweet69/media/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png.html"][IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/kissmesweet69/Kris%201_zps27izfsmy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Lance is still and always the Best Pony.

We've done a LOT since my last update. Sadly, he's also been very unwell with a skin disease for weeks now, so hasn't been ridden for almost 8 weeks! I miss him so much. Thankfully have kept him fit-ish via lunging as he's well in himself, but we have yet another vet visit scheduled on Tuesday to see if there are more answers to be had. Thanks, Petplan, for a ridiculous claim!!!

Here are some as yet unposted pictures for the Lance lovers . Hopefully he'll be up and running soon. Not least because we have pledged to do the BRC80 for the Riding Club. I mean, he should be able to do that with his eyes closed after last year's amazing results, but I kinda would like to sit on him first!!!

End 2017 - epic jumping pony

Feb 2018 - the last time I rode him before the skin thing started :sad: ... Dressage in the snow!