Thread: Trec help - immobility

Default Trec help - immobility

The actual fiasco of the immobility we can do, however, the rule book confuses me. Can you use verbal communication in the inner circle or only the outer circle? Where do you as the handler stand, in the outer circle OR outside the outer circle?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

you stand in the outer circle, I used verbals as I was leaving him but it was a novice event
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

Thanks, if i placed Gem near enough to the outside of the inner circle, so i could place my hand up on her head and back out saying 'stand' basically, so the verbal is actually in the outside circle, would that be allowed?

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

thats what I did but I did have to be a minimum of 10ft away from Mischief before the time started
    no-one died of a fast trot
    A member of the Secret Sausage Society

When you do the immobility you must have your stirrups and reins secure, so run up your stirrups and tuck the reins underneath. Stand right in front of the horse, hold the reins firmly by the bit asking for halt, give your verbal "stand" command (or whatever you use) at the same time. Then back away out of the circle. Normally the pressure on the bit from having the reins tucked under the stirrups, tells the horse not to step forwards.

If you place your horse close to the front of the inner circle (ie. the edge closest to you) he only has to take one step forwards to leave the circle. If you place him in the middle or to the back, you have more chance of him staying in the inner circle if he does decide to step forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    When you do the immobility you must have your stirrups and reins secure, so run up your stirrups and tuck the reins underneath. Stand right in front of the horse, hold the reins firmly by the bit asking for halt, give your verbal "stand" command (or whatever you use) at the same time. Then back away out of the circle. Normally the pressure on the bit from having the reins tucked under the stirrups, tells the horse not to step forwards.

If you place your horse close to the front of the inner circle (ie. the edge closest to you) he only has to take one step forwards to leave the circle. If you place him in the middle or to the back, you have more chance of him staying in the inner circle if he does decide to step forwards.
    Yup - agree with that. I also went and stood behind when I did it - horse was less likely to take a step towards me. I was saying 'STAND' the whole time, but it worked

Thats a good idea joosie thanks, stick her at the very back just incase. Although i do doubt she'll go anywhere mind, she stands easily normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Heucherella View Post
    Yup - agree with that. I also went and stood behind when I did it - horse was less likely to take a step towards me. I was saying 'STAND' the whole time, but it worked
    when I went to a newcomers trec thingy, they said that it can help if you go out of the opposite side of the circle to the way the horse is facing......as it takes the horse a few seconds to work out where youve gone anyway, and are less likely to walk off than if you were in front and they can try to walk towards you
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    when I went to a newcomers trec thingy, they said that it can help if you go out of the opposite side of the circle to the way the horse is facing......as it takes the horse a few seconds to work out where youve gone anyway, and are less likely to walk off than if you were in front and they can try to walk towards you
    We were lucky immobility wasn't part of the kingwater trec - I'd have had no chance....you wouldn't have seen D for dust