Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&M Pony Turnout

I've credit most of my images (should be enough, i work in copyright, and they aren't being used for financial gain), but 90% of them were 'gifted' to me for use by Native pony forum users - most of the pics above are of people i know
    Native pony addict!

Most of my showing friends show ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Thanks all
    I can't edit the first post to put all the answers in
    Red if you want anything changing on the article itself drop me a PM with what you want adding/removing, and where, and I'll do it for you if it's any use

Nice article

Thanks all
    I can't edit the first post to put all the answers in

brown tack is pref, but black is fine Same with joddy boots! Worth keep an eye on ebay though, often get 2nd hand jod boots on there in brown Keep them for shows & they will last for ever. I've had my 'show' boots for nearly 8 years!

C&M - what breed/age is Matrix?
    matrix is 9 years old, and a welsh section a
    http://i55.tinypic.com/10dsdhd.jpg
    2001-2011
    Sleep tight Cloud, I miss you more than words can say

Rider turnout for all native ridden classes:
    • Tweed – green and brown types are commonly seen
    • Shirt – cream, canary & blue are commonly seen
    • Tie to compliment the above
    • Beige or canary jodhpurs/breeches
    • Brown or light gloves
    • Blue velvet hat
    • Show whip or cane not exceeding 30”.
    • Short oxblood/brown boots for juniors (under 16) or adults on small breeds
    • Long black boots for large breeds, traditionally with a garter strap. Black short boots with smart gaiters are a common sight and perfectly acceptable.

I don't understand why you would wear a brown tweed jacket with a blue velvet hat and black boots and brown gloves. Surely you would wear a brown hat and brown boots too? Or black hat with black boots and either black or beige gloves to match your hat or your jodhpurs? I think a mix of different colours messes up the overall picture and detracts from the turnout of the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by nirikina View Post
    I don't understand why you would wear a brown tweed jacket with a blue velvet hat and black boots and brown gloves. Surely you would wear a brown hat and brown boots too? Or black hat with black boots and either black or beige gloves to match your hat or your jodhpurs? I think a mix of different colours messes up the overall picture and detracts from the turnout of the pony.
    It is all to do with tradition. Ladies should not wear black for showing apart from your boots. Long brown boots are worn with tweed at certain times of the hunting season, It is considered not to be your "best" attire but working attire. And brown gloves and kane are also correct. Not an M@M but the norm in showing classes. Not much wrong with the over all picture, just looks proffesional.