Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ponies Eligible for M&M Classes

Thanks Rips - I don't know connies in depth, my comment came from the CPBS breed standard which reads the following:

Colours Grey, black, Bay, Brown, Dun with occasional Roan & Chestnut, Palamino, & Dark Eyed Cream.
    I did wonder if the colour issue was in which classification of grading they could take

Cor blimey Red, naughty for saying Connies are British

People can't make mistakes any more It's not like you said a TB was a native pony

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Cor blimey Red, naughty for saying Connies are British

People can't make mistakes any more It's not like you said a TB was a native pony
    Oh yes, because our country is only an extension of Britain after all. Silly me, I forgot that those of the mainland held claim over all the breeds of pony indigenous to the 'British Isles' ... yes, how petty.

Now confusing a TB with a Native, people fought and died over that controversy.

I daresay someone on the forum would have something to say if someone posted that the Fresian was a British breed. But when its Ireland, its only a shade of grey?!

I just don't see why people seem to be getting in a kerfuffle over it? She didn't state it was fact and that her word was the truth so what's the problem She hasn't been online to rectify it hence why it's still there. I just don't think it's a major issue

And no, clearly Ireland isn't a shade of grey I never said that But it's not like a pony from the other side of the world is it?

Wow. Someone has some Ireland issues. Ireland is Ireland, noone is disputing that or putting Ireland down at all. And how many times can I say Ireland in one sentence. I'm not quite understanding the whole 'getting our backs up at Ireland' thing, tbh?

Please keep this civil, on topic and minus the personal asides
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]1. Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.

2. You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

3. Let's eat Grandad.
    Let's eat, Grandad.
    Correct punctuation can help save a life. [/FONT][/SIZE]

I have never understood the dun thing, when technically the connies aren't dun or are they? Technically they are buckskin but no-ones calls them buckskin. Is this "dark cream" the dun colour?

Not trying to be contenious, just confused.
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Always amazes me why folk want to wear tartan when showing Shetlands, and have a tartan fettish connected with them.

There is no tradition of tartan, kilts, bagpies haggis, malt whisky, Heather or Tam o' Shanters here at all. It's little Scandanavia here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    I just don't see why people seem to be getting in a kerfuffle over it? She didn't state it was fact and that her word was the truth so what's the problem She hasn't been online to rectify it hence why it's still there. I just don't think it's a major issue

And no, clearly Ireland isn't a shade of grey I never said that But it's not like a pony from the other side of the world is it?
    Where is the kerfuffle? I asked why Red had the Connemara down as a British native? One sentence.

The 'kerfuffle' was in response to your post which had a 'whats the big deal' tone to it... like I said, it would be a big deal, if someone posted a thread about British Native breeds and included the Fresian, or the Lusitano. Are you saying no-one would point it out or enquire as to why?!
    No its not the other side of the world, neither is France. Just a pony from another country. No point in continuing the general ignorance surrounding the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Always amazes me why folk want to wear tartan when showing Shetlands, and have a tartan fettish connected with them.

There is no tradition of tartan, kilts, bagpies haggis, malt whisky, Heather or Tam o' Shanters here at all. It's little Scandanavia here.
    But think of those handsome men in kilts bending over to hoof pick out then tiny shetties feet

Mother always told me honesty is the best policy, but for most the truth hurts.