Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nutrition 101 - An Article Written by Me...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio's filly! View Post
    As i'm now back off hols (yes! I've been off the board for 10 whole days if anyone noticed?! ) and don't need a fad diet, i've come back with a new and slightly unachievable target!! I have got just under 10 months to get in the shape i want to be for my wedding. That shape looks something like Britney on the 'Slave for You' video! (They only had a music channel or sports channel in English in our room!). I'm not fat but have decided that i want toned muscle definition.

So Gaz - achievable or not for a meer 'normo' like me??! Or can people only achieve that kind of bod by being a celebrity who works out for about 6 hours a day?

As of tomorrow i'm ditching the booze, and going on a HEALTHY diet! Gonna start taking the dogs running with me, sure they'll enjoy it far more than me! And start doing stomach crunches everyday. And my other aim for the year is to be able to do a press up - i'm so pathetic i can't even manage one!!!

Here's to torture!!!
    I hope you had a good holiday.

However, your text i have highlighted in bold, is a complete myth and completely not necessary. I am going to post another one of my articles in the Pull Up A Chair forum, titled "Fitness for the Female", i think you should read it.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    I hope you had a good holiday.

However, your text i have highlighted in bold, is a complete myth and completely not necessary. I am going to post another one of my articles in the Pull Up A Chair forum, titled "Fitness for the Female", i think you should read it.
    I would like to back this up by saying I have done absolutely diddly squat in terms of traditional tummy muscly improving exercises like crunches, sit ups etc, just carried on doing the horse and all the lifting and other jobs associated...and recently was a bit worried about what this hard bit in my tummy was so I took a pregnancy test it's muscle of course

I really liked your article Gaz, especially the dispelling the myths section (see I knew I was fine to have a snack at 10pm!)

Would love it if you have any of these articles on improving your overall weight and maintaining it, being a skinny mini who really should weigh more than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Doeylicious View Post
    I would like to back this up by saying I have done absolutely diddly squat in terms of traditional tummy muscly improving exercises like crunches, sit ups etc, just carried on doing the horse and all the lifting and other jobs associated...and recently was a bit worried about what this hard bit in my tummy was so I took a pregnancy test it's muscle of course

I really liked your article Gaz, especially the dispelling the myths section (see I knew I was fine to have a snack at 10pm!)

Would love it if you have any of these articles on improving your overall weight and maintaining it, being a skinny mini who really should weigh more than she does.
    Hi L.

I have loads of articles, i tend to have written many over the years, i will have a look through them tomorrow, as i am trying to move website.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Hi L.

I have loads of articles, i tend to have written many over the years, i will have a look through them tomorrow, as i am trying to move website.
    Cheers Gaz, sounds stupid but one of my 'goals while unemployed' is to put a bit of weight on, largely as if I don't land on my bum when I come off horses there is literally nowhere else with any padding!

Excellent post! Thank you.
    Bridlework & saddlery - Hand-made & hand-stitched, made from the finest English leather. ALL items individually made to order / made to measure. See our work here: http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/u...ihar/Saddlery/
    Contact us: kis-vihar@hotmail.com

Great article, thanks

Very useful thread!

What about the myth that chewing gum causes your body to burn calories at an increased rate because it thinks you are intaking food? Load of tosh?

Great post. Gonna keep that.
    Can you tell me is hummus good for me, I love it but OH says it is very high in fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
    Great post. Gonna keep that.
    Can you tell me is hummus good for me, I love it but OH says it is very high in fat?
    The tahini in hummus is very good for you, it's a great source of essential fatty acids, however it is high in oil and so should be eaten in moderation. Chickpeas, the other main ingredient are a great source of fibre and carbohydrates.

Hummus is quite high in fats, so keep that in mind for when you eat it.

The fats in hummus aren't EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids), they are MUFAs and PUFAs.