Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trec today

Default Trec today

Got there rather early after having a nightmare loading sesh with the nedlet. Parked next to pigs so of course, Gem was convinced they were going to attack her. Anyway, heres my day...

CoP - 5 for our walk, but we apparently broke from canter that i didnt see, but we spooked in ... See morewalk so surprised that didnt get a 0 also.

PTV - bending - 7, we were next to go after someone had a bad fall at the low branches, so decided to miss them out, had a refusal at the stile fence (no there were no odd designs, or fillers, just blue and yellow poles!) - 4, the gate we abandoned after about 5mins of trying to close it(!) - 0, ridden s bend - 10! ridden ditch - 6, trailer - didnt do it, led s bend - 10, led ditch - 10, immobility - too long to put her in the circle - 0, mounting - 5, ridden footbridge - 10, path crossing - 10, ride down hill - 10, corridor - 7 (clipped a pole in our two strided jump to clear the poles) and reinback - 6 (again, clipped pole). so pleased after that.

POR - DISASTER!!! got 41 for it in total, i missed a checkpoint and two tickets, and missed about about a whole mile and a half or something rediculous as i got the wrong path! my map reading/copying skills leave alot to be desired! not good all in all, and gem was naughty, rearing up like a trooper, and generally being a sod pulling and wanting to go go go!!! but we just about got back, despite missing such an important bit, and therefore only got 41!

Overall though, for our first ever trec competition, we got 3rd for level one individuals. Next time, i want to be in a pair, otherwise i might give it up as a bad job!!! ](*,) I dont fancy getting lost again, whats embarrassing was, i knew the woods we were in okish, yet cos we entered from another entrance, i was totally thrown and extremely lost!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Snip/sig.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

That sounds like a reasonably good score for a first time - and 3rd place! Well done!

The main thing is, did you enjoy it?

Well done! I'd never have the guts to go it alone, they'd never see me again after the POR!

Considering the issues you had to overcome from training - you did spectacularly well 10's for s bends....what?!

Huge well done - you def need to give it another shot

Quote Originally Posted by Heucherella View Post
    That sounds like a reasonably good score for a first time - and 3rd place! Well done!

The main thing is, did you enjoy it?
    I enjoyed it up til the POR, when i found out that my map marking pens were too thick, and that i had absolutely no clue as to where i was going!!! That spoilt it alot, but other than that yes, i enjoyed. There were pro pics also, which i bet will be online soon.

PL52, i dont have the guts to go alone in future, thats put me off doing it alone! Rach1980, i need you!!!

Peaches, you fancy being my partner Meet you half way in Yorks somewhere for a trec!

[COLOR=Magenta]A [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]horse [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]gallops [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]with [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]his [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]lungs,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]perseveres [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]his [/COLOR][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]heart,[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]and [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]wins [/COLOR][COLOR=Magenta]with [/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]his [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]character.[/COLOR]

Next time Make sure you give me plenty of notice so i can get the day off work, and i bet we can still get lost haha!!! My map reading skills are not good

Well done though and at least you know what sort of thing to expect for next time

Yes, i'll be harrassing you to get the day off work - thats what to expect! I need someone else to tell me 'no you stupid goon, its THAT way ... i think' (added the i think purely for your benefit!)

Welldone on your 3rd place!! sounds pretty good for a 1st attempt!! even if you did get lost!! ponylover has clearly been taking tips off of steff!! who would get lost out of a paper carrier bag!!

I think I might be shot if I went to a yorkshire one and left Vic at home

Get somebody to come on eddie - gets him out and about for people to see n'all that