Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fitness For The Female...

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Hi Donna.

I have always been trained that post-natal females should wait at least 6 weeks before performing any form of stomach exercises, if you want to email me or PM me then we can discuss that further.
    I would agree with this. TBH, it takes alot longer for the body to recover from a C/S than 6 weeks. I think the only thing you can really do at this stage is consider your posture and pull your stomach muscles in without holding your breath (as if you are sucking your tummy button back towards your spine IYKWIM)

Very good article Gaz, wish I had more time to go to the Gym, but I think OH would divorce me if I spent even less time at home

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I would agree with this. TBH, it takes alot longer for the body to recover from a C/S than 6 weeks. I think the only thing you can really do at this stage is consider your posture and pull your stomach muscles in without holding your breath (as if you are sucking your tummy button back towards your spine IYKWIM)
    Yes, that works the transverse abdominis, i.e. the muscles which you can see, which actually hold your stomach in, so to speak.