Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitness For The Female...

oh and please don't hate me now
    ♥Locki ♥ My love for you is everlasting ♥

I didn't really want these threads negating away from the information within the article, at the end of the day, we have had hundreds of 'i love SW', 'i love WW', so i was trying to use the 2 stickied articles of mine, to give some excellent advice, and proven methods.

People may lose weight doing it one way or another, i am fully aware of that, however, it stops there in my experience. The quality of weight lost is never that great, and in many situations, people end up losing weight yet still have the same fat mass as before, just end up smaller (i.e. less lean tissue and water, but with the same fat content).

It isn't all about 'weight', body composition, posture, figure, etc... the sooner people realise that losing 3-4lbs per week isn't healthy or isn't actually what they want to be doing if they want to lose fat, then the better. I could give my clients a plan tomorrow, in which they would drop a stone quickly, but the quality of the weight lost will be poor, it won't be fat.

What i have done is given 2 very good articles, which provide safe, sustained results, rather than a quick fix, which will end up with a poor quality of weight lost.

Fab article Gaz.. now can I pick your brains about exercise??

I had a c/section 3 weeks ago tomorrow and obviously have a bit of a jelly belly I asked at my gym were there any exercises I could do at home that wouldnt strain my wound but start the process of my stomach muscles becoming useful again and all they said was to avoid crunches/sit ups etc and didnt actually give me anything that I could do... so I guess my question is, is there anything I can actually do that wont strain my muscles/wound??

Thanks Gaz, dont worry if your busy though I'll just live with my jelly belly

Oh and I cant really diet as I'm breastfeeding

Quote Originally Posted by Donna1978 View Post
    Fab article Gaz.. now can I pick your brains about exercise??

I had a c/section 3 weeks ago tomorrow and obviously have a bit of a jelly belly I asked at my gym were there any exercises I could do at home that wouldnt strain my wound but start the process of my stomach muscles becoming useful again and all they said was to avoid crunches/sit ups etc and didnt actually give me anything that I could do... so I guess my question is, is there anything I can actually do that wont strain my muscles/wound??

Thanks Gaz, dont worry if your busy though I'll just live with my jelly belly
    Hi Donna.

I have always been trained that post-natal females should wait at least 6 weeks before performing any form of stomach exercises, if you want to email me or PM me then we can discuss that further.

love it

What people don't seem to realise in addition to not loosing fat that with crash diets they can actually SLOW their metabolism, making them MORE likely to gain weight in the future.

Plus there is all the stress that that puts onto your body, two little words gal's, premature aging!

What sort of diet do you usually recommend for weight loss Gaz? Calorie controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestral View Post
    love it

What people don't seem to realise in addition to not loosing fat that with crash diets they can actually SLOW their metabolism, making them MORE likely to gain weight in the future.

Plus there is all the stress that that puts onto your body, two little words gal's, premature aging!

What sort of diet do you usually recommend for weight loss Gaz? Calorie controlled?
    I dont have a 1 size fits all approach, everything is tailor made.

Depends on the -

Activity
    Current body composition
    Any physiological problems
    Dietary needs
    Etc...

I work with macronutrients, not calories, as they bring better results.

great article

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    I dont have a 1 size fits all approach, everything is tailor made.

Depends on the -

Activity
    Current body composition
    Any physiological problems
    Dietary needs
    Etc...

I work with macronutrients, not calories, as they bring better results.

Thanks Gaz. Really useful article

Wii Fit? I am not a fan There is another game that is pretty good though, a personal trainer exercise thing. Probably just another gimmick but I was pretty darn tired at the end of my workout (so many squats.. )

WiiFit is a gimmick. I tried to talk a friend out of buying it. She bought it anyway. Within a week, she admitted I was right and went back to Dance Dance Revolution. Which is fantastic for when you don't want to go to the gym, and still want a fairly high intensity work-out.