Thread: Vitex 4 Equids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vitex 4 Equids

Is anyone using this? What do you use it for, and how much do you use? how long does a container last for you? can you see any benefits? is there a cheaper alternative to give agnus castus?

I am thinking of putting angel on this (spending the morning digging around reading journals and articles and whatnot ...).

julia
    x

Post Thanks / Like

since nobody replied, here is a little update! angel has been on this for almost a month now and i am definitely seeing results!! the last bit if winter coat has gone, she is super-shiny, putting on weight again in a more normal fashion and just ... looks 'better'! she has also got her sparkle back out hacking, which is nice on the downside, this confirms something cushings-esque is brewing but that's something i had been anticipating and i'd rather know about it than not

Post Thanks / Like

I get my vitex from jackie at metabolic-horse.

For a 1kg bag its 9.99

Dont know if that is cheaper than what you pay or not but it is pure and there are no other additives. I cant rate it highly enough. I use it for charm's PMT

Post Thanks / Like

i have the stuff from equilife (liquid in canister), its 40 quid which, at the going rate, lasts for two months at 60ml per day

Post Thanks / Like

The one i get is in powder form and i feed 3 5ml scoops a day and it lasts a good 2.5 months

Post Thanks / Like

Just gone on the site and got her gumpf

Concentrated tincture

Our tincture of Vitex is several times more concentrated than water infusions offered for a similar price, and so provides extremely good value for money. At effective starting feeding rates of 5ml per 100kg bodyweight per day, one litre can last a small pony up to 100 days, or a horse 50 days. Adding a little boiling water to the dose in an empty feed bucket is recommended - to evaporate the alcohol before mixing with the feed.

Dried Ground Vitex

Dried herb can be just as effective as the tincture, but a higher feeding rate is required for efficacy. Because it’s smell and taste is quite strong, we only recommend the ground Vitex for horses and ponies with a hearty appetite!