Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who uses a neck strap?

errrr, thank god she listened to me then! Just posted pics on my thread about it where it broke - crazy time!

Deffo liking the neck strap idea!!!! lol

I am using it and it really works, my horse listen to me when it should move back or go ahead. It is very much helpful to me. And I thank you for this thread because this kind of threads increase interest in people those who visit the thread.So I like your thread very much and I believe that you will post more threads of this kind.

I have a flash strap between the dees of my saddle when I ride, using it has the same effect on the rider's position as a neckstrap, and perhaps means you don't have to lean forward at all to grab it. I use it to pull up on if I need to, it sits me on my butt and brings my shoulders back, in effect it makes me ride a halt without touching the reins, saving the horse from my general uncoordinatedness and is good for young horses who are still learning rein aids. I always feel much safer if reins aren't my only brakes!

http://pheme.posterous.com/ >>>> stalk me if you want, it's not terribly interesting though!

I have a neckstrap.. leapy hogged cob requires it!

I used to use a martingale but just not attach it to the rings I use to twin the rein straps to the sides out of the way.

I found this a bit more stable than a neck strap

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

I have all sorts of straps but always forget to use them, might as well take them off

I have one on order from KV, one of her special breastplate/martingale/neckstrap combo's

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    I have all sorts of straps but always forget to use them, might as well take them off
    That sounded very wrong to me Where did I put the mindbleach?

Wilby modelling his haute couture jesus strap - it's actually an old stirrup leather and I don't know who it belongs to but it was mouldy so I cleaned it and have borrowed it until further notice: