Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumping...I'm such a wuss.... !

Maybe jump a small x pole at the end of every schooling session so that it becomes boring and you almost want to put it up?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    Maybe jump a small x pole at the end of every schooling session so that it becomes boring and you almost want to put it up?
    What schooling session I do have a weekly lesson, so will definitely be jumping every week from now on - even if it's just for 10 mins at the end. My RI doesn't let me get away lightly - just as I sigh with relief she'll say 'let's just pop over those one last time .... ' But in all seriousness you are right - I should sometimes just pop in the school for a few mins after hack and go over a few x-poles. Poor Ed - more work for him

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    What schooling session

OK, plan B: after every hack go in the school and pop a little x pole. Basically, everytime you ride him jump a little x pole so it doesn't seem like a big deal and is almost boring

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post

OK, plan B: after every hack go in the school and pop a little x pole. Basically, everytime you ride him jump a little x pole so it doesn't seem like a big deal and is almost boring
    I should and I will

I know it probs won't make a difference to how you feel, but it actually feels NICER jumping a slightly bigger fence as horse makes a nice round shape rather than flopping over. Also, do remember that Ed's legs are much longer than the height of the jumps!

I know you might not NEED to jump big but its such a nice feeling when you do!