Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ulcerative Colitis....Stoma/Bag

Default Ulcerative Colitis....Stoma/Bag

Anyone had this....be interested to speak to fellow horsey folk who have if anyone!

I've been on the mend now for 3 yrs (final op was in Jan 06) first was in April 04) and i'm now UC free and stoma free but it did disable me from riding for a few months!!!

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012

No sorry, but glad to hear your on the mend now

Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    No sorry, but glad to hear your on the mend now
    Thnk you

no one!??

I know someone non-horsey with one who would have felt the same way you did about exercise. He would never feel comfortable doing any exercise really for fear of it coming unattached and making a mess.

So glad you're free of that now and on the mend and I hope you don't have to go through any more of the treatments.

I had irritable bowel that was that bad that it went ulcerative I had all ssorts of medications but nothing seemed to work. I have moved house and jobs and now live in the country and have a job I love. Since moving I have had no symptoms at all! The doctors have put it down to stress - but I never felt stressed...

Mine was debilitating but I wasn't unfortunate to need surgery. I'm glad you are on the mend and I hope you can find someone on here who is in the same boat and can offer support. I feel a bit like a fraud because of my recovery - you would never know there was anything wrong with me!

Quote Originally Posted by leanne View Post
    I had irritable bowel that was that bad that it went ulcerative I had all ssorts of medications but nothing seemed to work. I have moved house and jobs and now live in the country and have a job I love. Since moving I have had no symptoms at all! The doctors have put it down to stress - but I never felt stressed...

Mine was debilitating but I wasn't unfortunate to need surgery. I'm glad you are on the mend and I hope you can find someone on here who is in the same boat and can offer support. I feel a bit like a fraud because of my recovery - you would never know there was anything wrong with me!
    Thanks! Iv been 100% since mid 2006 now and doing great but would be nice to chat to someone whos had similar issues Glad your better...they do say stress can cause these things!!

ooh ive seen the scar
    Official PRESIDENT of the TO 'Blue Peter Badge Owners' Clique

Quote Originally Posted by lauraandharvey View Post
    ooh ive seen the scar
    lol

Glad to hear you're on the mend now UC is not nice