Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumping update ... from Mr Ed

Default Jumping update ... from Mr Ed

Had a lesson today and we included 20 mins jumping at the end. Ended up cantering a course of three jumps in both directions - not trotting at all, he just flew over them . The Tedward got quite excited and much more forward than usual which was nice as he required no legs, so I could focus on position rather than getting him going.

He loved it. Very odd, as he does seem much more excited about jumping when I ride him, compared to Mini E. Maybe he's just used ot her jumping him :dunno

Admittedly the jumpies were only cross poles, but hey they're still jumps

Well done.
    Onwards and Upwards

Pics we need pics

Keep a diary like me then you can look back and see how far you have come, its hard to remember, when your being just as hard on yourself over 2ft and 3ft jumps

anything over a pole on the floor is jumpies
    well done

Thank you - maybe I could take my camera next time and ask my RI to take a couple of pics Hope we're as good when I take the camera RI wants me to jump the clear round at a local show towards end August. I might do - it'll be me and all the tiny tots on ickle ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    Thank you - maybe I could take my camera next time and ask my RI to take a couple of pics Hope we're as good when I take the camera RI wants me to jump the clear round at a local show towards end August. I might do - it'll be me and all the tiny tots on ickle ponies
    So far Iv done 1 small comp full of tiny tots, but they all supported me

I even told them when we do lap of honour no galloping kids !!!

Comp last week, I was the only competitor, wouldnt mind but jumps were 2ft and the 2ft 3" class had about 20 people in it!!

Go for it, trot a few if your feel better, you will be surprised how supportive people are

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    dont worry - hoeny and i are the queens of competing against kids and little ponies

Hee hee, I know kids can be really nice when they think an adult is inexperienced or a little nervous. Sure the Mums will be supporting too

EL, whilst Ed was quite excited today and wanted to canter the course usually at shows he's a chilled out boy (when Mini E jumps him he will trot or canter, or sometimes avoids cantering if he's feeling lazy or hot ), but he's pretty good a clearing courses in trot and recently trotted a whole 2ft course and the jump off and won

Wow Mr Ted is a clever little pony

Note to oneself, must put Mr Ted on horse list to ride one day

Thats fab!!!!

I want to come when you're doing the clear round jumping When Frankie is eventually better we're only ever going to enter kiddies classes

Quote Originally Posted by pigletsmum View Post
    Thats fab!!!!

I want to come when you're doing the clear round jumping When Frankie is eventually better we're only ever going to enter kiddies classes
    would be great to do some gymkhana games and handy pony. Ed would be good at that