Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't believe it!!! I now have 2 cracked ribs!!

Default I don't believe it!!! I now have 2 cracked ribs!!

I rode Arlo last night about 8pm. It had been hot & very windy all day. He was an absolute donkey at first. He did his articulated lorry impression & trotted like he was a cut & shut horse. We schooled in the big field next to the house as it was sheep free. He warmed up after about 10 minutes & made a nice shape, a lovely outline. Eventually went nicely into the bridle & I was really pleased. We had a lovely controlled canter(does he ever really do anything else? ha ha)
    Cooled him off, loosened the girth to walk him round a bit on the buckle.
    Then decided to dismount in the field & walk him back to the yard (about 200 yards!!) We were both really relaxed & happy.........then
    A stupid, stupid pheasant chose that exact moment to fly up from the next hayfield squawking like a mad thing.
    Arlo leapt sideways like someone stuck a red hot poker up his a**e. I'm quite cross as he sees them all the time. I think he was just nodding off, actually.
    I bounced (boobs down, if you see what I mean) on the saddle squashing my chest between body protector & pommel, and actually felt the ribs pop under my arm, ewww!!
    Hospital says rest & painkillers. Like that's going to happen.
    Unbelievable. It hurts to breathe or lift anything.
    Coughing & laughing are out of the question.(LOL..............owwwwwwwwww)

ow, broken ribs hurt seriously, you have to follow the doctors orders and rest - they wont get better otherwise
    Size 34" Shires Huntingdon Green Tweed Show Jacket for sale as too big. Only worn twice, immaculate condition. Cost 89.99, make me an offer

Oh no! Ouch, and hope you recover quickly

I haven't forgotten about PMing you by the way - still trying to sort logistics out - though with this you might appreciate a delay anyway!
    Couch to 5k - week 4 day 2 done
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - day 4 done
    Zumba - week 1 done

Feeling: achey!

Thanks Est

Ouch!! Get better soon

'Like' my Facebook page for offers and more information! http://www.facebook.com/PollyGodsafeMcTimoneyEssex

ooowwwweeee, so was you actually dismounting when he spooked then?
    i thought BP's were meant to stop you getting broken ribs and the such?!

big to you hun, at least you can get to put your feet up for a bit and watch some daytime tv with lots of chocolate

sending you big hugs although very careful gentle ones.
    Full Grass Livery Available for well behaved horses/ponies - pm for details.

ouchy!!! i've broken ribs before and it hurts like hell
    hope you get better soon

Ow - wait until you get hiccups! Hope you feel better soon

FAO Tally( can't do the quotes thing)
    Yes I was actually mid dismount, boobs over the pommel,lol, when he shot upwards spooking at the pheasant, the big girl's blouse.
    99 times out of a hundred he's an absolute angel when you dismount. He's been trained(not by me) to stand still when you take your feet out of the stirrups ( working without them takes a bit of time to get going!!) So I'm afraid when he does spook it's a real shocker.
    Anyway, he & Twinkle are out 24/7 so no mucking out for a while.
    Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. Horses, eh