Thread: Jumping update....Mr Ed (again!)

Default Jumping update....Mr Ed (again!)

Had my next jump lesson yesterday.. 15 mins flat work and then off to the jump paddock... nerves started to get the better of me!

Again, we tackled a course of 6, including a double.... worked on striding, turning, obtaining correct canter lead and position. None of the jumps were over 15" so I felt reallly very comfortable with the height. But, I found I thoroughly enjoyed working on the tactics of managing a course - brilliant!

An added bonus is that Ed became much more forward going that he is in the school, so we pretty much cantered the whole course several times over and it didn't require masses of leg Was great fun. Next lesson is in two weeks and we will be doing the same course, but putting the jumps up a little Next lesson I will request somebody takes a few snaps

Brilliant news, you will have to get MiniEd to take you too do a show now

I could come and be your photographer one day (for an obligitory sit on the Edman himself of course)
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by HJ View Post
    Brilliant news, you will have to get MiniEd to take you too do a show now

I could come and be your photographer one day (for an obligitory sit on the Edman himself of course)
    Ha ha - I think there's a date set for me to jump a 'clear round' with all the little children on whizzy ponies...... but, I couldn't possibly reveal that on a public forum. Thing I'm worried about most is Edward can seriously chill-out at shows he's quite capable of jumping a 2ft course in trot and rather likes that gait

Well done keep up the hard work and all of a sudden you will look back and think what was I worried about

Quote Originally Posted by essexlady View Post
    Well done keep up the hard work and all of a sudden you will look back and think what was I worried about
    I'm hoping so EL Let's hope I don't fall off at all

Well done Sounds like great fun