Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ride side saddle??

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Whatever you do, don't buy one of those black ones that are on sale on E-bay. They are a disaster.
    HA HA HA LOL you could have told me that 3 years ago!!!! i did buy one of those and regretted, it did fit one horse ok, but i dont ride her now, and it dont fit charlie. i stupidly brought it cos i was eager to start learning, but iv looked more into it and realised i was to quick to buy.

so the plan is to hire one first, so if anyone knows of people that hire them, there was an article in the H&H a few months ago and mentioned someone from cornwall who travels over the uk to fit them, but i never kept the details.

x
    x
    x

Id love to try but judging by my lesson last night, Id fall off
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

It's scarily hard to fall out of a side saddle, really it is. That's why you must never ride ahabitual rearer side saddle in case he goes over backwards, and your apron must have a quick tear away, prefereably Velcro fastening so you don't get hung up by your "skirts". also your stirrup bar has to be the right one for your saddle.

My gosh yes falling off is difficult however I have seen one person on youtube manage to fall stupidly for no reason?? Now to me I thought that was near enough impossible infact I feel safer side saddle than astride. I have to admit it would be horrific to ride a rearer side saddle. A horse reared with Annie side saddle how she didn't fall I will never no all I can say is Annie is one balanced rider to have kepted him from falling cause he went past vertical.

I wanted to start and Tony bought me a private lesson for my 40th but the darn instructor left before I could book it

oh no JoJo that's horrible you must have been so upset.
    Where are you based??

I would love to give side saddle a go! I'll have to get saving so I can get a lesson booked!

I have ridden astride for about three months, loved it. If I get brave like Wally I could share some photos. I made my habit but you can't see how bad that actually is I hope.
    I had a Whippy that i picked up in an auction.

mas has a side saddle I prefer riding in it! Especially when he is having his stupid bouncey LET ME RUNNNNNNNN! Moments! All of our hacking is accessed via a very steep hill and I find it quite tricky to balance myself properly without going all hunched in the SS

I have just realised I have brought a three year old thread up, my apologies. My first boo boo.