Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got on today!

Default I got on today!

A bit of unexpected progress. I had a rubish day yesterday so i thought i'd spend some quiet time with my horses today. My 3 year old mare didn't want to play so i spent some time with Ruby( 3/4 tb filly 2yrs4mths) she was in a very willing, accepting and calm mood so we wore a bridle for a bit with a new bit, she let me lean over her & i thought ah ****** it i wonder if she'll let me sit on her?! i spent 30 mins or so leaning on & off where i eventually swung my leg over. She didn't mind so i repeated getting on and off until she gave out a big sigh, which was a good sign to be that she was pretty ok with it all so i gave her a rest & just sat there while she ate, she got so relaxed she forgot i was on her back!! had a mini 'what the..' had a little wander around with me on but i stayed calm and relaxed and all was ok again and she went back to grazing. I got off and gave her a nice juicy apple for being such a sweetie. When i first got Rubes as a foal she was very shy, nervous, spooky and untrusting in everybody so i am just over the moon at how trusting and relaxed she has become! what a little darling!!!!

(won't go there with the other horse!)

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

Must have give you a good feeling - bless her.

Well done!!

It felt amazing Madlady. To be totally honest i have NEVER owned young horses before nor have i ever started a young horse so this is all a new experience for me. I'm just so thrilled that 'she likes' me' if that makes sense!!??? lol. I don't want to be greedy now and get carried away because she is still so young bless her but yes it was such a lovely reward especially after such a rubbish day yesterday.

Well done.
    She must trust you a lot to be so relaxed about the whole thing!

Thanks! the way i look at it is i haven't given her a reason to not trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeren View Post
    Thanks! the way i look at it is i haven't given her a reason to not trust me.
    And that's half the battle won I reckon.

Just thought i'd try again today to see if she has changed her mind but nope, she was chillaxed throughout. So i'm going to leave it for a bit now - i don't want to take the pi** !

2years old TB?? Assuming she has a very immature frame, seems really young
    [center][IMG]http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt70/loveshorses/dxjrt1.jpg[/IMG][/center]

I'll be the judge of that thank you.