Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant decide Friesian or Dutch warmblood / hanorverian??

Default Cant decide Friesian or Dutch warmblood / hanorverian??

Before Ellie is 8 yrs id like to put her in foal but cant decide whether to go for a full friesian stallion or a dutch warmblood or hanorverian?
    The foal would be for keeps to do dressage / hacking a bit of jumping possibly.
    Ellie is quite long backed so would like something more compact, though ive noticed alot of the Hanni stallions are quite long.
    Ive seen a dutch warmblood i quite like here...What do you think?

http://www.horsedeals.co.uk/stallion...10-3-10-642286

Id prefer black in colour so would two blacks get me a black or could i get a throw back of another colour? Ahhh just saw yes it would.
    How do i go about finding the right stallion and what do i look for other then good temperment and comformation?

I would possibly go for a shorter backed friesian stallion that will compliment Ellie.

Go for a warmblood or a TB , Bodi's a friesian x tb

Why not a welsh D??? Great versatility and short coupled and pwerful will make a good hacker/jumper/allrounder.

I was looking at a few Welsh Ds for Eowyn at one point as shes quite long

Nikki xxx

Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever the hell you were going to do anyway.

Sorry I'm voting pure friesian - but that is just because I adore the purebreds

There are some shorter backed friesian stally's the likes of Jasper, Sape, Folkert, Tsjalke, Ielke. Jasper and Ielke are both doing fantastically well at dressage.

If you want a bit of refinement though and to improve the shoulder so that you get better paces for dressage then a wb might not necessarily do that as they are big horses as well, I'd be inclined to look at a larger TB stallion or even an arab - both are proven crosses, or even iberian cross - have you seen the warlanders? They are a bit special!

I think an arab x Ellie would be stunning

im going for one of solaris sports horses - (to breed colour)... else id get bay or ermm bay!... (i dont want a 4th bay...)

i like warmbloods... however freisian x tb would be nice??

warmblood - surprice is nice i lkes him....

Ooh Solaris stallions are lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Friesianfan69 View Post
    Id prefer black in colour so would two blacks get me a black or could i get a throw back of another colour? Ahhh just saw yes it would.
    Not neccesarily. If both blacks carry a red gene there's actually a 25% chance of a chestnut!

Highly unlikely in Friesians but the odd red friesian does crop up from time to time. Remember a black will hide the red allele (you need two copies of red to express chestnut) so you wouldn't know whether they carried red or not by looking at them. One colour you're guaranteed not to get from black x black is bay.

As I said the odds of getting a Friesian with a hidden red gene are very very small but it could happen....

Quote Originally Posted by katie11 View Post
    im going for one of solaris sports horses - (to breed colour)... else id get bay or ermm bay!... (i dont want a 4th bay...)

i like warmbloods... however freisian x tb would be nice??

warmblood - surprice is nice i lkes him....
    We have 2 solaris offspring in Shetland, lovely horses!