Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arab Jumping.

Nice looking horse.
    Having studied the pics I would say his jumping to the nearside is caused by you despite what your RI might have said.
    If you look at the pics, in every single shot he is bent lightly to the right which will cause him to drift to the left. He is bent to the right because you have more weight in your right leg, your right hand is always higher than your left and in several cases is further in to his wither.
    Please feel free to completely ignore my comments, I dont even ride these days.

Pretty pony!!
    Looks like hes really enjoying it
    Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Nice looking horse.
    Having studied the pics I would say his jumping to the nearside is caused by you despite what your RI might have said.
    If you look at the pics, in every single shot he is bent lightly to the right which will cause him to drift to the left. He is bent to the right because you have more weight in your right leg, your right hand is always higher than your left and in several cases is further in to his wither.
    Please feel free to completely ignore my comments, I dont even ride these days.
    Thanks for the advise David. I shall certainly try adjusting my position. I have always felt that it was my riding to be honest. You know what they say, its usually rider error.
    I know I am a bit heavier handed on the right side, (most right handed people are) and I am always concious of this whilst doing flat work, but as soon as we jump, this all goes out the window, I think because it terrifies me! LOL. All I can think is I hope I don't fall off. I really need to relax a bit more.

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears".
    -Arabian Proverb

Wont comment on the jumping because I know nothing about jumping :P
    Love the pictures though!!! Lovely grey neddy

He's just tooooooo white!

Where did I put my sunglasses now?

"The Horse is never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by BaysRbest View Post
    Thanks for the advise David. I shall certainly try adjusting my position.
    There's a very goog exercise to help this problem. Will type it out later as just off to take son kart racing (more grey hairs).

hes really nice i like him
    Pure bred arabs CAN jump haha my friends have a whole heard full of pure and part breds that they jump. I was going to have one of theirs on loan but unfortunately i can't afford him at the minute which im gutted about!
    Can't really comment about your position or anything as im no good haha but I want to see more pics of him

I don't think he has a BAD style over fences! The straighter you get him, the neater it will all become too!
    Native pony addict!

stunning!!

R.I.P Mickey - 1996 - 31st May 2012

Completely agree with DavidH re the wonky seat.

In addition I would remove your spurs until your balance/seat/lower leg position has improved. Judging by those photos your horse is being 'jabbed' (for want of a better word) frequently. I would suggest this isn't helping trying to get him straight as if your position is one sided, then so is your use of spurs which could be exaggerating the problem furhter. If that makes sense?