Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you got the bug?

Default Have you got the bug?

I think i have

I cant help but love the challenge of bringing something on and it being all your own work

I know Bodi's my first youngster and they wont all be as good as her! But i cant help but feel so proud of her the other week my mum got on her for the first time after telling me for 2 years that she would never feel safe enough to get on her, we were both like this

I cant help but looking youngsters for sale, i cant afford anything just now obv with uni and stuff but i would love to do it again in the future! And if I ever was to look for another horse i would most probably go for a 2 year old, dont get me wrong im not saying im really good or anything like that because i couldn't have done it if i hadn't had the support network around me (and the hard work is yet to start but i cant wait!!)

Bring on the challenge I say

See I'd love to try it again. I feel like things with Phil didn't go as well as they should have. I'd love the chance to try again but I wouldn't trust myself not to ruin another horse Hoping I learnt from my mistakes and that Phil isn't any worse off because of it

I must admit i love bringing on youngsters we break and school here and its a great accomplishment at the end of things especially with the ones that come in totally unhandled I think if you can do something yourself then go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    See I'd love to try it again. I feel like things with Phil didn't go as well as they should have. I'd love the chance to try again but I wouldn't trust myself not to ruin another horse Hoping I learnt from my mistakes and that Phil isn't any worse off because of it
    Everyone has to start somewhere? surely you can only learn from your mistakes! You haven't ruined Phil, he's a cracking little horse!!

oh god yes! ive had that bug for years! Ive actually technically not had a horse of my own that ive not backed and brought on myself.

Love the babies

Only 3 years to go before I can back current baby

Quote Originally Posted by Aimie View Post
    Everyone has to start somewhere? surely you can only learn from your mistakes! You haven't ruined Phil, he's a cracking little horse!!
    I suppose for a 14 year old with her first horse I didn't do too bad, I just can't believe I missed out on so much fun with him. He is a little star, I love that whilst he's not the most well schooled or the best jumper or even a bombproof hack, I would feel safe with my nan getting on him, and the fact that strangers have ridden him and on their first ride, trusted him enough to have a bareback canter in a big field with loose horses, means a lot to me. I do him.

I have too I have loved backing Darcy and can't wait for the next few years to get her going and get her out and about. I'm not looking for another though. Two is plenty for me!

'Like' my Facebook page for offers and more information! http://www.facebook.com/PollyGodsafeMcTimoneyEssex

It is an incredibly satisfying and rewarding experience. I backed many youngsters in my youth (I was helping my Mum from the age of 10), but Hattie has been fantastic and I can't wait for the better weather to come so we can progress further (I don't have a sandschool to play in )
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

I love it!! I've learnt far more doing it all myself with various youngsters, than i ever did before I love seeing them all in their new homes, doing really well too, i keep in contact with mostly all i've sold!
    Native pony addict!

I've loved bringing on my own young'un, though granted many things have gone wrong, and she still drops her back on the right side as part of an evasion... But I'd do it all again!! Learnt so much from it all, including patience