Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you got the bug?

Romeo has put me off backing horses and i didnt even do all the work with him myself. An 11 year old that wasnt touched until a few months before i got him wasnt the best idea ive ever had. A broken ankle later and he still isnt backed!

I've still got backing to go through, but I've loved every step of training River. She's my first baby, and I've seen her through from an unhandled and terrified seven month old to a nicely mannered and very sweet two and a half year old. She's got no fear whatsoever, and is very curious about everything we do together.
    I'd have another youngster in a heartbeat. I've done some basic handling with a friend's baby Welsh A over the autumn - halter training, feet, touching all over, etc and loved it, but there's something quite special about doing it with your own. I already have my next project baby planned out but I'm told I have to wait a few years!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

I can't say weather I would or wouldn't do it again! It can be both hugely frustrating and rewarding at the same time! I've only had Alfie for 10 or so months and he's only 19months so we've done no 'real' stuff. I am really looking forward to it though
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

ive got my first one next month couldnt be more excited!
    ♥ ♥ Curly Wurly ♥ ♥
    Sponsor a Retired Racehorse Today! http://www.newbeginningshorses.org.uk/

I've definitely got plans to buy a youngster when I finish Uni! I'm starting lessons at a RS again next September when I'm back at Uni and hopefully going to look for someone who wants some help backing their youngster, so by the time I finish Uni (2 years) I hope I'll have improved my riding enough to be able to think about backing a pony myself

When I finish uni I intend to buy a youngster to bring on myself. Never done it by myself before but would love to and we've all got to start somewhere!

Smile because it happened.
    Jimmy 2003-2011