Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost - from Zero to ?!?!

Default Ghost - from Zero to ?!?!

I figured it was about time little Ghost had her own diary

Chapter One -- background

There was once a 15.2hh Cob x Arab mare, stable name "Mandy". She stayed with us on foaling livery in 2008 and delivered a beautiful colt ("friday" because he was born ... on a Friday). When the colt was five days old, their owner then took them away and we thought we'd never see either of them again and that was that.

Mandy and Friday in July 2008

... to be continued ...

You do realise that you own possibly three of the best looking coloureds on this island!!

So not fair!!

Continue please!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

in the fence again today!!! i think she climbs over the muckheap!!

Naughty Ghost!! (although I think muckheaps are fun playthings for toddlers, a friends bubba used to climb all over the muckheap )
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/JuniperZ/Dunkery%20Hoopoe/Hoopysignature.jpg

Chapter Two -- The Return

In March 2010 we got word that "Mandy's" owner was having trouble with her. Friday was long gone (kept entire and hopefully destined for great things as a stallion), the mare was in terrible condition. They were living up in Leicester and after over a month's wibble and wobbling, two friends pooled together to send some cash via a mutual acquaintance. The deal was friend1 gets "Mandy" and friend2 gets her unborn foal from the same stallion as Friday. "Mandy" arrived and she was truly in a state ... but luckily the vets found nothing underlying - a rough winter, an abrupt weaning, a bad worming programme and poor dusty hay were blamed. She perked up very quickly and went from skin n bones to fat moody mare! She also got a new name.

She got fatter ....

and fatter ...

and HUGE!

... and on 2nd July 2010, Ghost was born!

We decided she compared rather favourable with her older brother, Friday

Day 1

Day 4

Day 7

Since then, Ghost has been passported and microchipped, she's been wormed (several times!), she's had her feet balanced once a month, had her temperature taken multiple times when she got ill, got her first little rug -- she's still on her mum of course and mostly left alone.

Hopefully, she'll grow big and tall like dad! She's definitely growing fast and I can't wait for youngstock showing season to start in 2011

Uhm ... she has the same "special" trot as Lance - it includes a suspension period! But hopefully these paces will be harnessed into something very special!

Right I'm definitely coming to meet her, forgot to say to J that I wanted to see her last time we were on your yard!

She is gorgeous! And looks like she knows it!!

What a gorgeous filly!!! I like! I like alot!