Thread: Hi Lite saddle

Default Hi Lite saddle

I have been offered use of a Hi Lite saddle for my baby girl (traditional cob 18months). I was wondering if anyone has used these saddles on young horse's. I was thinking as it is very light it may be good for getting her use to something on her back and a bit of long reining in. When it comes to sitting on her (a very long time away still) I want to get a wintec as it will be a better and secure fit.

She has been so chilled with everything I have done from biting to walks out on busy roads, but I really dont want to ruin her experience of her first saddle (even though she won't be sat in with the saddle on.)

NOt sure of the saddle in question, but i just use a lunge roller with a big pad underneath for initial girthing & having things on back
    Native pony addict!

It certainly won't hurt her if no one is going to be sitting in it! They are flexible anyway so if its just for getting used to, then it would be ideal

Start with a roller ofcourse but the problem with the hi-lite is it's SO light it won't feel an awful lot different to the roller, but you will still be able to use it to have flapping stirrups etc!

Thanks x
    I bitted her on Saterday and she did really well. I'll giveher sometime to get use to that and then work my way up...the joy of a youngster is that nothing has to be rushed x

no idea

Quote Originally Posted by neverdespair View Post
    no idea
    is there a particular reason you keep bringing up ancient threads to post one word/meaningless replies?!