Thread: What do you think of this horse?

Default What do you think of this horse?

I am looking to buy a horse and found this one today. I have spoken to the owner and she sounds perfect but to be honest I tend to jump into buying horses that then don't work out so would like another opinion.

I am an experienced rider but can't handle one that bucks or rears. I also want something with decent conformation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4wFnZwilKc

She is out of my price range but owner agreed to payment plan.

Very sweet. That head bobbing and inconsistency is because she's a bit jammed, softer hands would keep her head even and build her trust in the contact and keep her poll angle more open so she can relax her jaw, chew and swallow. She's much more open through the poll angle bitless, so strides out better and her shoulder looks lovely and light. Didn't take advantage or get worried about the rider losing a stirrup either, always good. Jumping's ok, she looks obliging. Just my type too, I'd definitely be going to see her in the flesh

http://pheme.posterous.com/ >>>> stalk me if you want, it's not terribly interesting though!

I think she looks really sweet and is working nicely - still long and low and maybe a bit on the forehand in canter but she's only 6 so plenty of time to improve things like that.

I can't see any obvious confirmational faults but I'm no expert!

I'd go and see her if I was looking definitely.

she seems nice, looks unhappy in the bridal, ears back tail swishing not relaxed and up in the shoulders but that could be down to teeth or bit! the rider may also have a heavy seat, but it od that all shes doing is pulling faces and not buckin or rearing! take a knowledgable 2nd opinion with u as rose tinted glasses can be used!lol! try her as many times as poss and in lots of situations and get her vetted if intrested!!! good luck !!

I posted that in January.

I went to see her and she was aweful. Pigrooting and spooking at everything. The owner would only walk and do a tiny amount of very slow trot. The owner had only had her for a month and couldn't handle her.

I said that I was interested but that I wasn't interested for that price. She said thanks but I'm not dropping the price. A few weeks later she rang me after she had had a bad fall off her and said she would sell her to me for a much reduced price but I had just brought another horse. So I offered her to my housemate.

So now she is at home. My housemate rides her everyday and loves her to bits. No more pig rooting, napping or spooking.

I think I remember you posting about that mare - I really liked her so I'm glad she's with your housemate. How is your new girly getting on?

They are both great. They love each other to pieces and we trail ride them together all the time.