Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ground exercises to teach him more respect for space/me?

oh dear - funny! But I find poking them in the ribs with my patented celery stick is much more effective ....

Quote Originally Posted by hepsibah View Post
    Duh, I just saw the sofa smiley....

Never mind, you made me laugh...'nah, not what Id be wanting'...
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Are these things not good? Alfie often get whacked in the face with the lead rope clip
    (I think that's what's helped )
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

Backing him up fpr his feed is definitely a good start I get everything I feed to do that (mine and other people's!). Be confident in your body language if you can- energy is important for them to understand what you want .
    Also, how do you move him away? If you use your fingertips instead of your whole hand, the pressure is easier to increase/decrease so you could get a better result .

Quote Originally Posted by Toby-Toes View Post
    Backing him up fpr his feed is definitely a good start I get everything I feed to do that (mine and other people's!). Be confident in your body language if you can- energy is important for them to understand what you want .
    Also, how do you move him away? If you use your fingertips instead of your whole hand, the pressure is easier to increase/decrease so you could get a better result .

Thanks, he's always made to move back for food or when I go in his stable and does quite willingly most of the time! And I am very confident around him, it's keeping my patirence that's the problem sometimes!
    I hadn't thought about the hand/finger tips-i'll give finger tips a go
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.