Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground exercises to teach him more respect for space/me?

That looks great! I just watched the video of her clicker training, loved it when the horse just walked over to her by the mounting block so she could get on!

Alfie's much improved actualy since I first posted this but still not as responsive to voice commands as he could be so think I'm definatly going to do some cliker training with him.
    If I had nothing but I still had my horse and my Teddy, I'd still have everything I ever needed.

Indy.

Have you tried any of the parelli style groundwork exercises? Really worked for maintaining a respectful distance etc.

The other thing is, the moment he stands where you want reward him by turning off the hose. Once it sinks in that if he is where you want him the hosing will stop, he will then allow you to hose him. At least thats what mine did-took a while but he is totally hose friendly now.

Put him on a long line... then wander around aimlessly, making sure you don't use your body language to give him an idea of what you want - and when he gets "too close", sort of wiggle/wave it at him really fast so that the clip keeps hitting him in the face. He will learn in no time to "respect your space". I hear this is really effective.

What? Hitting a horse in the face with a metal clip? Nah, not what I'd be wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    put him on a long line... Then wander around aimlessly, making sure you don't use your body language to give him an idea of what you want - and when he gets "too close", sort of wiggle/wave it at him really fast so that the clip keeps hitting him in the face. He will learn in no time to "respect your space". I hear this is really effective.

lol!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hepsibah View Post
    What? Hitting a horse in the face with a metal clip? Nah, not what I'd be wanting.
    Dunno, it's made at least 2 people extremely rich....

*snort*
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
    [/URL].[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    *snort*
    This !

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    Dunno, it's made at least 2 people extremely rich....
    Pmsl

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Duh, I just saw the sofa smiley....