Thread: Trainers...?????

Default Trainers...?????

query only at the moment!
    to those who have had someone in to help with the backing of the horses / ponies, what was your experience?
    can anyone suggest any trainers in northamptonshire at all?
    I want to do the whole process on my own ideally but at the moment my health problems are getting worse so im looking in to the possibility of bringing someone in or sending Mo to someone to have him backed
    baisically any advice on trainers in my area, and your experiences would very greatfully accepted lol

I've always been the 'helper' when a friend of mine was backing horses. But not in your area

It's not ideal to try on your own anyway, and if you are struggling with your health and you don't have help around you, it might be best to send them to someone. Don't know anyone around there though, sorry.

The only thing I can say about people breaking in your horse (whether you participate fully or only at the final stages) is make sure you "vet" them and make sure they're on the same wavelength as you are.
    An ex-friend of mine always told me that she'd break in my youngster but when I saw herself and her hubby lunging a 4yo TB with issues, I ran for the hills

In your position, I would want someone who had the time to chat and explain their point of view.
    I'd want to participate all the way, even if it was only spectating at the beginning.
    Good luck

i've got my best mate who will def be there to help me all the way if i go in for breaking him "myself" so to speak and some other great friends on the yard as well which is always a relief
    i think your definately right about getting people fully vetted, thats my main worry really, agreeing to someone then coming down at some point through the training and finding i disagree with how they are doing it!
    To be honest backing him myself was my entire reason for getting him its been my aim for years, at least to get him as far as i can myself, i just cant decide whether to use my sensible head or my "damn it this is my dream im doing it" head haha!! could just ensure im suitable pain medicated...if the doctors happy with it anyway! decisions decisions!