Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trot Online Book Club

Default Trot Online Book Club

Since I got loads of really good suggestions for reading while I was poorly, I thought it would be fun to have a thread for books we read and recommend.
    What do you all think?

I've just finished reading Cell by Stephen King after Kc mentioned on my other thread. I couldn't get it out of my head, so I put aside Lisey's Story (also very good!) and read Cell again. It's a brilliant book, and always puts me off using my mobile for ages
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

Good idea! I love reading

I love Jodi Picoults books, although they all bring me to tears! My sisters keeper is definitely the best one, better than the film (although I did also enjoy the film, but was annoyed that they changed the ending ).

I recently read the book thief which I really enjoyed. I don't have a book on the go at the moment, need to find a good one!

I too enjoy Jodi Picoult. I can't remember the name of the book but it's about a teenage boy who shoots his schoolmates. Very emotive and fantastic.

I don't really have a lot of spare time to do reading but I'll try fit in when I can

Dont get me started
    Ive just read mary kings autobiography and loved it.
    Im very much into karin slaughter/tess gerritsen at the moment reading keeping the dead by tess gerritsen and read 6 chapters lastnight and only put it down because my eyes were stinging.

Recently I have read " The difference a day makes" as recommended by someone on here. I loved it - so thank you very much! Also ordered "Lets Meet at Platform 8" by the same author (Carole Matthews).

Other books I have really enjoyed are:

Thanks for Nothing Nick Maxwell by Debbie Carbin
    A Spring Anffair by Milly Johnson
    Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella (I literally couldn't put this down. You get so involved with the characters that I was actually crying at the end!)

The truth about Melody Browne and One Hit Wonder by Lisa Jewell.

Horseywise I am currently reading Mary King's and William Fox-Pitt's autobiographies and I'm enjoying both. Another great horsey autobiography is Ginny Leng's (now Elliott).

I Stephen King books. I will give anything a go though as I adore reading. I often read a few chapters of a book in the evening once my little one has gone to bed.

I'm currently re-reading the Lord of the rings

I can highly recommend the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. For those who want the quick look-in in movie form, she wrote Interview with the Vampire and Queen of the Damned. Interview with the Vampire was made close to the book, Queen of the Damned; not so much.
    But there are 12 books in the Chronicles and they're brilliant. You can read them in order and there's an underlying story line that connects them all together, but if you read them out of order, they still make sense.

The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich: she's a bounty hunter and the series is just hilarious-lots of them, too to keep you going.

If you haven't read Terry Pratchett, what's stopping you-funny, laugh out loud!

Both series should be read in order.

Quote Originally Posted by cinammontoast View Post
    The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich: she's a bounty hunter and the series is just hilarious-lots of them, too to keep you going.

If you haven't read Terry Pratchett, what's stopping you-funny, laugh out loud!

Both series should be read in order.
    I have read evey Terry Pratchett since they first came out (and before he was popular), he's so funny and inventive it is tragic he is losing his memory ( sorry forgot how to spell autsimers?)
    [SIGPIC][CENTER][/CENTER][/SIGPIC]

Im reading a book by an american author sarah willis...her charcaters are always quirky,

some things that stay and three ages of women are the ones Ive read

also on the go is jilly coopers polo
    and pippa funnelss autobiography