Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trot Online Book Club

I quite enjoy fiction and non-fiction... as well as graphic novels (comics to you and me!)

Anything by Neil Gaiman- The Sandman, Neverwhere, The Graveyard Book, Stardust, Coraline (plus the film is awesome!), Good Omens, Anansi Boys etc

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat- Oliver Sacks. The doctor who wrote Awakenings tells of a number of unusual neurological patients of his, including the man who developed a sense of smell similar to that of a dog, autistic twins who communicated in prime numbers and a woman who could only control her limbs when they were in her field of vision. Fascinating stuff about the workings of the brain.

Sure I'll think of more but have only just woken up so a bit slow this morning...

i loved the milenium trilogy (girl with the dragon tatoo etc) and they have been the best books ive read in a good while

currently reading 'keeping faith' by Jodi Picoult.... good so far so good

had forgotten about stephen king - must get some of his books again

Currently re-reading the Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum. They are way way better than the films, which although fun to watch, changed major major parts of plot
    Pratchett's books are all fab, and very re-readable. Green Rider and First Rider's Call by Kristen Brittain (sp?). Michael Reilly's good, if you like fast-paced action books. There's a series aimed at older children (4 books) with titles like The Gift and The Riddle - very well written, check them out if you like fantasy. Also Brent Weeks from the fantasy point of view. Mary Janice Davidson for amusing vampire stories (1st person, new vampire who ends up queen of the vampires, but is more concerned with things like shoe-shopping), Maria V. Snyeder (sp) wrote Poison Study, another good fantasy read.

I've read one of Jodi Picoult's books, the one where she ends up the guardian of the child who's not the same colour as her. Very emotional book. I keep meaning to read more of her books, just not got around to it yet.
    I pay my pyschiatrist in hay and horseshoes

Quote Originally Posted by Clava View Post
    I have read evey Terry Pratchett since they first came out (and before he was popular), he's so funny and inventive it is tragic he is losing his memory ( sorry forgot how to spell autsimers?)
    Alzheimers-memory loss. Autism-often kids with no idea of how to connect emotionally and lack of social skills.

I just adore his books. Must stick the last few on my wish list-just haven't got round to getting them.

I've got all the Discworld books (apart from the newest one) and have met Terry a couple of times Lovely bloke! I've got a signed copy of Unseen Academicals on my birthday wish list, so I'm having to control the desperate itch to read it... Tesco have it in, but I really want another signed one for my collection!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

on another forum i used to be a mamber we did a book swap too. you posted a list of books you were done with and then could choose a book from another list if they liked one of yours. no money involved as you each have to post them so roughly same price anyway. worked well and was a good way of reading much more

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    on another forum i used to be a mamber we did a book swap too. you posted a list of books you were done with and then could choose a book from another list if they liked one of yours. no money involved as you each have to post them so roughly same price anyway. worked well and was a good way of reading much more
    Nice idea I'll have to see if I've got any I can bear to part with in my library
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Gothic_Sez/Signatures/Signature01.png[/IMG]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Sienna"]He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger...he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him
    *Salsa* 19th April 1998 - 7th July 2013[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Forever Loved and Never Forgotten

[/CENTER]

ill swap my pippa funnell for another similar type when Ive done wit it

Quote Originally Posted by mogadoga View Post
    Dont get me started
    Ive just read mary kings autobiography and loved it.
    Im very much into karin slaughter/tess gerritsen at the moment reading keeping the dead by tess gerritsen and read 6 chapters lastnight and only put it down because my eyes were stinging.
    I've read nearly all her books and I love them!! This is coming from someone who used to only read trashy rom-coms

Christopher Paolini's Eargon Series

i love them

or if you spec-ful like me then John Barrowman's Autobiography(s)