Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Callums...

Default Callums...

Callum needs a diary
    What do we need to know.... he is rising 11 now where does the time go
    13.3hh, late started, bought by me 2.5years ago at 8yo fat, unfit and a bit of a teenager and very, very green

Here he is now...3 months off work and just clipped, so the fitness begins!

to be continued...

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

He's gorgeous I shall watch progress with interest
    I open my eyes to the wonder of being. Delighted in the way things turn out, amazed at the beauty of it all. I am happy.

Yay! Highland pony diary Will be glued to this

Day two of bringing back into work brought a very springy pony who needed his pelham in because it was all a bit too exciting We had a few broncs of frustration when he realised we were walking and trotting only....wish he could understand that I don't want him getting an injury but he just thinks I'm mean. Might get some photos tomorrow as I will have my dad in tow just wait a few weeks and Callum will be able to have a gallop and he'll be a happy pony again

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

I should have taken the jump down before entering the school....

I look like an idiot when I was still trying to regain control, coiled spring comes to mind! I didn't plan on jumping that, but temptation took over when he caught sight of it as I circled him and ZOOOOOOOOOM...he was gone and PING completely flat out. Not exactly the schooling session I had in mind but he enjoyed himself, what else can I ask for.

Attending our first show of the year this weekend with any luck, so watch this space
    Will have to see how he goes after his physio, first ride on thursday...I promise there will be photos
    And it's show jumping

Okay I PROMISE there will be photos soon, we have a working hunter clinic on sunday. So be prepared to laugh at our expense
    Didn't end up going to said show above due to pig pony having major strops about being in the school....so first outing in the trailer to a nice fun, scary WH clinic, yeeha!
    Will update on sunday evening

Here he is today getting fitter

First proper show of the year was on Saturday and he was a complete darling, came out the trailer sweated up though and a bit stressed. Was a highland show, but we just went for the WH and SJ, WH we had 1 refusal which was entirely my fault so we came 5th and SJ we came 2nd and went clear

No personal photos but here is a link to two professional ones
    Warming up...
    http://www.animalsnapperphotography....unter&start=12
    In the ring
    http://www.animalsnapperphotography....unter&start=30
    http://www.animalsnapperphotography....unter&start=24

Was 2'6" max height, so pleased with how happy he looks, a big difference from last year! Finally jumping in public IS fun

Why haven't I seen this?
    Callum hes so prettttty!