Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Callums...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp5HKBAfDag

Video my friend made me

And...XC lesson, bit of a disaster but was only his 2nd time even attempting XC jumps

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

I love him so very much!

Me too PL52

The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...if you never love a horse, you will never understand

HOW have I not spotted Callum before?!?!

Peaches it may be because Callum only appears on TO on the very rare occasion lack of photographers is my excuse...oh and lack of cameras that last more than 5 minutes

Well since pony is sound and not too unfit decided to take him to a show the local riding club were running. Was dropped off there by mum and left to it as she was working throughout the day...stress!

We did working hunter which we went CLEAR for quite possibly the first time every at 70cm and got 3rd and then I put him back to the trailer tied him up with haynet to run and watch my friend. I then noticed my ridden class was coming up so darted back to trailer to find no pony que complete panic! Found pony at other side of the field in between two lorries having a munch Lesson learned!

Got into ridden class then without gloves as I couldn't find them in my panic of lost pony but he went beautifully and came 1st
    I am very happy with him today

Well....Callum has now had 3 riders on him out on hacks or in the field and has given them his all SO excited, one rider asked if she could give him a little gallop to see how fast the wee highland could go so I said "Ok, if you can try..." ZOOOOOOOOOOOM went Callum and rider wasn't quite expecting that speed but she had brakes at the end and came back grinning with Callum with his ears forward looking very pleased with himself

Why oh why did I doubt my wonderful boy? A bit of patience and careful introductions to fun situations has worked wonders and he is attending his first ridden class with a ride judge at the end of the month as I'm confident he won't be a problem, might not go perfectly but it's all experience
    I have my instructor riding him 3 days before the show at our lesson (he is a regular ride judge) so will be a good little run through before show day Will try and get photos

As mentioned in the other thread ride judge lived to see another day, chuffed to bits with him

He was placed 6th, but I'm just pleased he didn't do anything naughty...he didn't go particularly well or forward for the judge but it's all experience

Callum has moved to Edinburgh with me for Uni and has been very busy and is feeling rather well in himself!
    I wish I had the opportunity to take him hunting as he is sooo fit just now he'd love it!
    Never seen my pony this happy and healthy...makes me very happy

Cor blimey he looks so tough and manly