Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moopony makes his return to showjumping, and a TO visitor *pics and vids!*

Default Moopony makes his return to showjumping, and a TO visitor *pics and vids!*

Well firstly, aunty char popped in on thursday to say hello i gave murph a jump and then char had a little sit on him, she rode him really well and seemed to like him. Vids are still uploading as photobucket is having a small fit! but the first few are ready...
    this was only the second time we'd jumped since july....

then today we went to do some classes. We kept to the little ones because i was fairly certain he'd be a bit of a loon, on the basis of the last time he saw a course of fences was May...

he was a star!!! he was so excited to be out bless him was warming up and he just didnt know where to put his legs and there was lots of squealing and bouncing about going on, but when i managed to sit and just wait for the fence he'd sort his legs out and ping it once he got there. It was just such a surreal feeling not trying to ask him to wait, but just let him do his own thing.
    We got 2 double clears, i didnt push him in the first jump off at all (both were 2 phase) i just kept going as the untimed section, in the 2nd class we kicked it up a notch and got some impressive turns out of him (although one was NOT pretty as moo locked onto a parallell to jump from the wrong direction so was a bit of a mainc dragging him away from the jump wing but he did well so i was pleased came 8th in the first class and 7th in the second i really think jumping in the grackle helped, i've been avoiding trying it for years as everyone round here seems to use them as a fashion accessory and i didnt want to be grouped with them, but gave it a go on thursday and today and the difference is amazing, and i think we were able to make some of the turns and lines we did becuase he wasn't crossing his jaw and ******ing off!

i was so glad that we didnt have either round on video as they certainly weren't stylish!

pics:

why take off AT the fence if you can do it 2 strides out

will add the extra videos when they're done

Well done!! Lovely boy Doesn't look physcotic in the warm up was 1/2 expecting to see a deranged Murphy after not having jumped in that long!! When I jumped today after not having jumped in nearly 3 weeks to start with was doing excited leaping coming into the fences luckily no bucking tho!!

If it looks and moves like a cob.. It's a warmblood!!

no he was alright in his warm up class - strong and excited, but we'd got most of the craziness out of his system by that point!

Well done!
    He's looking gorgeous!
    What I love most about him is that every pic you post of him jumping he looks like he's having THE best time!

Quote Originally Posted by alliersv View Post
    What I love most about him is that every pic you post of him jumping he looks like he's having THE best time!
    that really is his attitude to life. He's always happy and enjoying himself, happy to see people, wants to know whats going on and being involved, adores his work and just loves pleasing me Its really nice to see considering how miserable he was previously when he wasn't happy. I think he genuinely just loves his life nowadays (just as well really as he's such a spoilt, pampered pony! )

haahaa be lucky there is vids.... my fingers almost fell off!!! BRRRR!!

Moo is a duuuude a horse I'd really like to spend time playing on, he's such a happy chappie and a real trier!!!

Moo Machine!!! good jumpies today

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

oh I also want to see (privately maybe first!!) the vids of me on him?? !!

oh oh I got some pics too of yoooou

Oh how I miss you, my symphony, played the song that carried you out.

You never said you were jumping today! Secretive Smurf

Well done you and Moo xxxx

Mooooo

Yay sounds like a great return!