Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fate!

Default Fate!

I'll start at the beginning!

I had horses as a kid, blah blah boys/cider came along ... you know the rest!

When I had my eldest, who is now 6, we used to go for a walk and stop and fuss a Clydesdale foal who had appeared in one of the fields locally, we got quite friendly with her owner and progressed - with owner's permission - to feeding her the odd apple! I helped her owner a bit with her and totally fell in love then I got pregnant again and kind of lost touch - when I did go back she had been sold

fast forward 2yrs and I'd had my second child, dropped a fair chunk of the weight that had been holding me back (7stone) and booked my first proper lesson in years at the local RS; Who was there with her big daft white face peering over the door of a stable? yep, Big B!!

She wasn't being used in the school as she had only just been backed, she was a bit unruly and struggled with schooling as she was so big and unbalanced. A few weeks later my usual horse was lame and I found myself on her in a very busy group lesson, she was a swine and charged round waving her head in the air, it was quite a lairy ride but I loved it

I had a couple of privates on her after that and when they said they were selling her as she wasn't suitable for anything other than hacking, I asked i I could loan her half the week and they could use her for hacking the rest of the week, RI thought it was a good idea and was going to ask the YO and let me know the next week.

so ...... I went back a week later, fingers firmly crossed, permission gained from OH (like he could have stopped me!) to find they had sold her I was gutted.

Life carried on and last August we took the kids for a walk in the countryside and stopped to say hello to some friendly looking horses, when who comes trotting over? .... Big B

TCA (very) LSS ..... I am now loaning her with another girl we've got a long way to go, she is very green, quite rude and can be quite difficult, but we'll get there - it's fate!!

xx
    Looking for a Draft sized bits an pieces - PM if you're selling anything!

Thats a fantastic story Mrs C.. I wish I could get my hands on my fave RS horse, Big Clydie x called Xena I learnt to jump on her and I learned how to fall off a 17 hh without killing myself

Blimey that really is fate!!!! What a lovely story.

You are both very obviously meant to be together so congratulations on finding her again. Here's to many years of fun and happy memories with Big B!!! xxx

Pictures are a requirement!

Aww
    "The past is only the future with the lights on" - +44

Thats lovely, but pics are needed of her

Mother always told me honesty is the best policy, but for most the truth hurts.

Story gave me goosebumps! How fantastic

Oh wow, that is so lovely. Hurry up with the photos! I'm a great believer in fate - she was meant for you
    Horses are for life not just for riding

Wow, fate at it's best!!

Aww, that's fabulous! I'd love to get my hands on my RS pone, he's a dude!

awh that's fab but yes... pictures