Thread: Advice on jinker

Default Advice on jinker

I have always wanted to have a horse and cart. I broke one of my horses into harness a few years ago and it was loads of fun but then I found out the cart was too small and I really shouldn't use it. Although he never once objected I took the advise I was given and sold it on.

Now I found this online. Nice and cheap but that makes me think it's probably crappy. But all I want to do is walk and trot around a flat paddock and perhaps if things go well along some quiet roads. I don't expect great quality but I do want something that will never injure my horse: http://www.kingstons.net.au/products...es-Medium.html.

What do you think of this Jinker and what size horse would it suit? They say up to 14.2hh but I know from past experience that's not to be trusted. Here are the dimensions:

61cm diameter wheels, 122cm seat width, 120cms high (ground to backrest), 205cm shaft length and suits ponies up to 14.2HH.

Looks like the Chinese ones, there are mixed feelings about them. Some folk who I thought would hate them actually like them, but I have heard all the horror stories, basically the welding is a bit pidgeon poo, shall we say, or so I have been told.

Thing is, a mechanical failure at a sedate trot in the park can turn into a madcap bot at 90mph and turn to a buckle of dirt. If it suits "up to 14.2hh" I'd take them with a pinch of salt.