Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balance problem

good ideas - i will pass them onto to Ruby as well
    lol

i think more lunge based lessons are the way forward - but wonder what other people think?
    my new fiction blog -feel free to share/critique/laugh like a drain at

http://rubiesandduels.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by vixie View Post
    come and ride fudge bareback, he is very comfy, has a lovely smooth trot and is far too wide you to possibly lose your balance and fall off (if you did you would just gracefully roll off his hippo sides and its not far to the ground!) flopsy on the other hand i would not suggest bareback for a male rider, shes as bouncy as tigger!
    Grins - you know I would pester you to ride the Fudgely one!! Bless the boy, I keep telling you he is not a 'hippo' but more of a long haired teddy bear! It's not being male and bouncing that's the issue... ( You become immune to it eventually... or it goes numb!! Ahem - It's bouncing around like T I GG E RRRRRR that's the issue as you pointed out. I would probably be flailing about like some demented puppet!! And if you ever did film the demented puppet act!! I would be forced to go into hiding and become a hermit!!

Thank you for the offer Vixie... it is appreciated as you know it is.
    Let me enlighten you, this is the way I pray...

I would say lunge lesson, with someone friendly who can not only keep you in check, but also distract you from over concentrating...maybe that will help things fall into place?
    "The past is only the future with the lights on" - +44

My advice would be to shut your eyes when you are trotting - obviously this would be much safer on a lunge

Once you have your eyes shut concentrate on each set of diagonal footfalls, let yourself go as loose through your pelvis as you possibly can and then use the momentum to push you forwards and upwards. My old RI used to have me do this and would expect me to pick up rising trot on the correct diagonal with my eyes shut - the amazing thing was after a few tries I got the diagonal right!

Good balance comes from strong core muscles and work on stretching your legs down.

Travs.
    Get a wobble board, as suggested above, I have one and they do help.
    Just practice standing on one leg with your eyes shut when ever you remember , or doing the yoga Tree exercise ?
    Trying to think of things you can do "off " the horse

you know what i'd do with you - put you on a safe horse and take you out for a hack - loose reins, chatting, chilling out - even just in walk the first time - and then the odd trot - but making sure you carried on talking etc when you trot - sounds like you are just like me in that you over think everything - so i bet your btoom dollar if you were out chatting and chilling out you'd be fine